PDA

View Full Version : NEED Help on Clear Coat Problem!!!!

powerslincoln
06-11-2002, 07:34 PM
I just bought an older car to take to school with me this fall. The car is a 1992 Lincoln Continetal with 120 k on the clock it runs great I bought it for $500 I think I got a great deal. The guy wanted to dump it so I grabbed it. Interior is nice, the paint is good everywhere except the roof. It has the usual Ford paint peeling problem. I can pick the clear off in spots with my finger nail. I was wondering is there anyway to refinsh it myself cheaply. Right now it is very ugly so anything would help at this point.

O yeah the other car The Cadillac Catera in the picture is my present daily driver for the summer. I dont want to bring it up to school and have it destroyed you know drunken college parking lot fender benders.

You also may have noticed the blown front suspesion. I bought the coil spring conversion kit. I am just have trouble busting loose some of the bolts.

When the lincoln gets wet the spots go away and the car looks fine. So I was figuring I could wet sand the clear off around those patches and remove all the loose stuff and spray some new clear on.

Well any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

click on this link to see the pictures of the car

http://www.gp-owners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6406766&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=6&Forum_Title=ClubGP+%2D+Car+Care&Topic_Title=Question+about+Clear+Coat+NEED+HELP

Lemonxxs
07-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Search for the thread by DLW and his sons prelude as he painted it and then wet sanded...this may help you.