PDA

View Full Version : Man! Talk about rail dust!

Redcar GUY
06-11-2002, 02:04 PM
My friend just traded his 2000 Camaro SS for a 98 Vette. The vette had been in there "storage" place at the dealer for over a year and it ony has 12K mi. (killer for a 98!) anyhow, he had called me and told me that he got it. A few days later (Sunday) he calls me to tell me there is somthing wrong with the paint! he was a freaking out... almost yelling on the phone!! "there is sumthing all over the paint!! it looks like rust, little specks of it all over!!" so being the Autopian that I am, I junp it to a detailing outfit and grab some "supplies" and head over to his house. It was the worst case of rail dust I had ever seen! it was lots of it all over! Just like he said... I did a little spot on the hood and showed him that it came right off with some clay and a little time. The car is Silver and is not swirled up to bad. He is supose to bring it over this weekend and we are going to give it the whole Z treatment. I cant wait. You know I will be posting pics!:xyxthumbs

*****on call*********

DaGonz
06-11-2002, 02:29 PM
To praraphrase Benjamin Franklin...

:cool: A friend who will get you "Z`d" is a friend indeed! :cool:

imported_fethead
06-11-2002, 02:34 PM
HEY RED CAR GUY, I want to get my summer car out soon and I don`t have the time to detail it , could you make a house call. Boy you must be one hell of a friend in your circle. BTW your wheels look nice and subtle. By fall I hope to have pictures of my garage up. Little time, no money , no friends.:bow