PDA

View Full Version : MPPC or PPCL?

NattyBumppo
06-11-2002, 11:04 AM
My 8 month old red f150 is finally starting to show signs of needing more than the standard wash, clay, polish, wax. No real swirl problem (although viewed from proper angle and in just the right light very faint swirls can be seen) but mostly things like stubborn water spots and embedded road grime. My usual regiment is wash, clay and wax with Megs #26 and every now and then a coat of #7 Glaze is thrown in for good measure.

I was thinking of giving the Medallion PPC a try but have read good things about the Pinnacle PPCL. Recommendations for a paint cleaner for bright red clearcoated truck?

BTW...I am planning on giving Klasse a try so should I just hold off until I deplete the Megs stash and just get the AIO and SG kit or can the AIO be used along with the Megs products I mentioned?

Thanks!

imported_Intermezzo
06-11-2002, 12:07 PM
"can the AIO be used along with the Megs products I mentioned?"

AIO will work fine with #26, but not #7. If you plan on getting the Klasse twins, use #26 on top of your KAIO & KSG layers. Using #26 on top of just KAIO will work fine also, but most people here will recommend you use both Klasse products. So it really doesn`t matter if you wait to get Klasse or get it now, because both Klasse products will be compatible with #26.

"I was thinking of giving the Medallion PPC a try but have read good things about the Pinnacle PPCL. Recommendations for a paint cleaner for bright red clearcoated truck?"

The Medallion cleanser is a bit stronger than Pinnacle`s paint cleanser. So which product you decide on should depend on the condition of your paint. Also, if you get the Klasse twins, PPCL and KAIO are close in terms of abrasiveness and overall cleaning power so you probably will not have to purchase PPCL. KAIO should be able to do a decent job cleaning your paint (removing road grime & water spots), but if you need something stronger, the medallion cleanser along with 3M SMR or FI-2 would be a good choices. Follow that up with Klasse and Meguiar`s #26 and you`re done.

NattyBumppo
06-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Intermezzo....thanks for the info :up , sorry I took so long getting back to this thread.

I`m going to order the Klasse Concours Kit from CMA, Megs MPPC (for the wife`s `96 Taurus) and 15 mf towels from JT International.

One last question.....would you recommend mf applicators for the Klasse and MPPC? I`ve always used either terry bonnets with a Craftsmen orbital or plain 100% small terry towels. One of these days I`ll get the 7424 from Coastal Tool.

Thanks again for your help and advice!