PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Vinyl interior question??

lpandroc
06-10-2002, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone....I have a question about cleaning my vinyl dash, door panels, etc in my car. I use 303 exclusively for protection...but every once in a while I like to go ahead and give it all a good cleaning...what would you all recommend?...How about a Dawn/water solution to clean and strip all the old 303 in my interior?...I really do not like to use anything else (chemicals) on my black interior causing it to fade or damage. The newer Volvo`s have a porous type vinyl/plastic that is soft. So will the Dawn/water solution be good enough...Its not even that dirty...I wish 303 was a cleaner(someone on the board a while ago said it was)...Thanks...Lance

laynlow
06-10-2002, 10:03 AM
I just use a very small amount of carwash shampoo in a bucket with about 3 gal of water. A damp MF is used to wipe down the interior, and I agitate with a stiff brush where needed.

imported_StyleTEG
06-10-2002, 11:03 PM
I stick to Lexol ph balanced leather cleaner.

I have yet to run into a situation where it wouldn`t remove the dirt, and its a very gentil cleaner.

Malibu
06-11-2002, 04:07 AM
I`ve had really good results with EF-HI diluted 50/50 with water. If I need something stronger, I just use it straight for a little spot cleaning.

Mike

jdthompson
06-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

I just use a very small amount of carwash shampoo in a bucket with about 3 gal of water. A damp MF is used to wipe down the interior, and I agitate with a stiff brush where needed.

How on earch do you get through *3 gallons* of water wiping down the interior :-)

rgds

Paul

Polere
06-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by StyleTEG

I stick to Lexol ph balanced leather cleaner.

I have yet to run into a situation where it wouldn`t remove the dirt, and its a very gentil cleaner.

Will Lexol leather cleaner work on Vinyl? I have black vinyl in my Jetta and tan vinyl in my wife`s Volvo.

laynlow
06-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by hutchingsp

How on earch do you get through *3 gallons* of water wiping down the interior :-)

rgds

Paul

You don`t. Its there to dillute the shampoo, and give you a nice big bucket of water to wring your towel in.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p94f06b87d469141312ee23134c24bdce/fdaf723c.jpg