PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic Tire Wet GEL....

Pages : [1] 2

ExplorerXLT95
06-10-2002, 08:38 AM
Anybody used this as compared to Black Magic`s normal Tire Wet Spray??? I am wondering what the difference is between the two and I am considering buying the Gel if it lasts longer.....But not if it`s not as deep, wet, and shiny looking....Let me know

imported_bigltc
06-10-2002, 08:42 AM
I use the gel and it`s better because the liquid tend to fly off the tire if it`s sprayed on, IMHO.

ExplorerXLT95
06-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Is it the same deep, wet, shiny look? Or is it worse/better?? I don`t want to sacrafice luster for duration....

caddyman
06-10-2002, 09:32 AM
It looks better, IMHO. I have migrated to Meg`s high endurance HG. With the Megs there is NO FLIG AT ALL. ANd requires almost no products to make look good and lasts a LONG time... I also use the BM TW GEL..for the people that want the highest shine.

Alex

97 ETC

ExplorerXLT95
06-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Meg is Meguiar, I assume....What is flig??

Gatorfan
06-10-2002, 11:26 AM
I assume he meant fling. This, also called sling, refers to tire dressing coming off of the tire and onto your paint during driving.

Tiger88
06-10-2002, 11:28 AM
I`ve never used the gel, but I think I`ll give it a try. I like the look of the Black Magic spray, but like Billy says, the spray does tend to end up on the fenders.

stuart hicks
06-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Looks Wet No Mess tire shine is the longest lasting tire shine I`ve ever tried. You have to use the stuff to believe it, because it sprays on without driping or running. The biggest benefit though is that the product doesn`t fling all over your car. Also because it is a spray on it gives more of a glass like finish as opposed to the wiped on look of the gels. I have gotten almost three weeks of shine on Michelin tires a little less on Goodyears though. This stuff almost feels dry after about 2 minutes. I usually take those paper towels from the gas station underneath the window squegee to wipe off the brake dust after about a week. You would be suprised at how much of the original shine comes back you when you do this.

stuart hicks
06-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by stuart hicks

Looks Wet No Mess tire shine is the longest lasting tire shine I`ve ever tried. You have to use the stuff to believe it, because it sprays on without driping or running. The biggest benefit though is that the product doesn`t fling all over your car. Also because it is a spray on it gives more of a glass like finish as opposed to the wiped on look of the gels. I have gotten almost three weeks of shine on Michelin tires a little less on Goodyears though. This stuff almost feels dry after about 2 minutes. I usually take those paper towels from the gas station underneath the window squegee to wipe off the brake dust after about a week. You would be suprised at how much of the original shine comes back you when you do this.

caddyman
06-10-2002, 06:23 PM
I did mean fling..sling..I am partial to gels, b/c with sprays..fir me...it alays gets in rim or on windows and/or paint. And is a PITA to get off.

Alex

C. Charles Hahn
06-10-2002, 06:42 PM
yeah - I got a big jug of that cheap at Sams club to use on customer`s cars....... the gel is alot nicer IMHO........

stuart hicks
06-10-2002, 06:44 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING ABOUT SPRAYS AND OVERSPRAY. THIS PRODUCT DOESNT OVERSPRAY ONTO THE BODY OF THE CAR AT ALL EVEN IN WIND. IN VERY WINDY CONDITIONS THE OVERSPRAY ON WHEELS IS NEARLY ZERO. LOOK I`VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET ENDURANCE TO NOT SLING EVEN WITH REPEATED WIPING DOWN WITH A TOWEL. THIS PRODUCT BY CONTRAST SPRAYS ON IN ABOUT TEN SECONDS A TIRE WITH NO SLINGING. UNLIKE MANY AUTOPIANS WHO LIKE THE MATTE FINISH ON THEIR TIRES I LIKE THE REALLY HIGH GLOSS STUFF. WHY WORK YOUR PAINT FOR HOURS THEN SHINE YOUR WHEELS ONLY TO HAVE A MATTE FINISH ON YOUR TIRES? lOOKS WET NO MESS IS THE HIGHEST GLOSS PRODUCT I`VE FOUND PLUS I DONT NEED TO TOUCH THE SPONGES THAT ALWAYS GET TIRE GELL IN YOUR FINGER NAILS. THE WEB SITE IS SUPERSHINEDETAIL.COM THEY DONT TAKE CREDIT CARDS THOUGH.

stuart hicks
06-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Just wanted to clarify. The product looks wet no mess has never been sold at Sam`s. It is only sold on the web and at car shows. I believe the previous post was refering to Black Majic tire shine which is sold at the discount clubs like sams and costco

caddyman
06-10-2002, 09:03 PM
Endurange, doesnt flig for me. I clean the tires every wash, let the tires dry completely and let the cars sit for at least 45 min. I dont buff it at all. Maybe differnece in the way we wash our wheels? I just DK!.. oh well

I will try the LNWT shine..

alex

C. Charles Hahn
06-10-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by stuart hicks

Just wanted to clarify. The product looks wet no mess has never been sold at Sam`s. It is only sold on the web and at car shows. I believe the previous post was refering to Black Majic tire shine which is sold at the discount clubs like sams and costco

yes. It was referring to the black magic tire shine gel. At our sams club they sell it in galon sized jugs....... they also sell armor all protectant this way which I have a container of for use on wheel wells and undercarriage components (easier to work with and cheaper than griot`s undercarriage spray IMHO)