PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Weekend

amarriapeas
06-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Spent the weekend detailing my 2000 Civic EX. See the pics at www.geocities.com/k91tsi/civic.html :)

On Saturday washed using a small microfiber mitt from CMA and Eagle One Wet car wash. Dried using my absorber and blotting not dragging :) Then I applied 303 to all the black plastic trim and clayed the car using Mother`s clay.

Sunday - AIO X 1 applied with MF applicator from yosteve.com. Then SG X 1 with a second MF applicator. Cleaned windows with a MF towel from yosteve. Dressed tires with more 303. That`s all for this weekend.

Can anybody recommend a good bug remover? I am considering Stoner`s Xenit, any comments? And what would work best to remove paint contaminants that clay doesn`t. PPCL or P21s PCL?

Thanks to CMA, Tacscar, yosteve.com and of course the Autopia forums :D

imported_JeffBruce
06-10-2002, 08:25 AM
detailed an 83` Toyota - recently painted by Maco....OMG

Terrible paint job....

I tried Zaino and Klasse and wasn`t impressed. I ended up using Platinum (cleaner and then its Paint Protectant). Not much you can do with a poor paint job.

(My new car (Zaino`d) looks like it has 20-20 vision and the Maco paint job has 20-60 vision.)

jeff

RockCity
06-10-2002, 09:10 AM
I also had a detailing weekend. I did all of mine yesterday.

I tried :bow Zaino for my first time. All I can say is: Impressive. I am sold. I did the entire [Black Sapphire] BMW 325i by hand. This was after clay barring (my first time ever). I must say, I did not find the clay bar to be effective at all. I am not sure if I wasn`t doing something right or my paint is in that great of shape. The car is only about 2 weeks old but I expected to pick up something on the first time. I did not hear anything being picked up. I used plenty of QD as lube and the bar glided nicely on the slick surface; nothing. I Dawn washed again and began to Zaino (enabled with ZFX). This stuff went on really nice and came off just as easy after 30 minutes with a MF. The second coat was even better as I believe I have mastered the art of very thin coats. I used less than an ounce for two coats.

I finished with some Griot`s Speed Shine and the surface just sparkled. I`ll post some pics later today.:xyxthumbs