PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel / STP Vision Blade Shelf Life?

shaf
06-10-2002, 12:50 AM
I love finding things on sale. On a whim I went to the Canadian Tire on Kingsway and discovered they had the large (squeegee style) Vision Blades on clearance for $3.29 each (74% off)!! :eek: So with very little thought I almost cleaned them out, buying a theoretical 3-year supply. Only left behind a slightly grungy one and another that was making unhealthy tinkling sounds.

Buuuuut now that I have all this, will they even last 3 years? Or should I start Aquapeling friends` and family`s cars?

shaf
06-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Bump :)

Or is the big silence a hint that it`s encased in a glass vial inside?

laynlow
06-11-2002, 06:41 PM
Run a search and you will find some discussions. Someone cautioned that the older style (without the wings) may have gone bad by now. I don`t know yet. I have three of the old style that I found at BigLots for cheap. I have not tried them yet, so I cannot answer your question.

It can`t hurt to try right? Let us know if they work well!

2wheelsx2
06-11-2002, 06:45 PM
So you`re the one who cleaned them out. I saw them there one time, but only the grungy ones.

FWIW, I thought about gettig one to try (they have them at Lordco also) but then, after EO 20/20 and a good claying, but windshield already beads like crazy, so I decided to just pick up some new Bosch blades and call it good. :)

shaf
06-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

So you`re the one who cleaned them out. I saw them there one time, but only the grungy ones.Heh heh, sorry Gary, I guess I went a little overboard. I think something snapped after seeing them for $10+ elsewhere! Of course only after I paid did I remember "shelf life". :doh

I might try one next wash, but am debating if I should get a couple bullseyes fixed first.

BradE
06-12-2002, 10:14 AM
The product is a resin based product that use solvents as the carrier. Your main concern is going to be those solvents evaporating over time and rendering the product useless. There is no soild answer about shelf life because it depends on the conditions the product is being exposed to.

The "old style" Vision Blade is in a blue plastic packaging with no wings, you push in on the center until you hear a pop. This is the oldest of the product and it`s what you will find at most discount stores like Big Lots. Chances are the product will still work to a certian extent but the carriers might be reduced by more than 50% and it will be harder to use the product and the product will not perform as expected.

The older the product the less likely it will preform to your expectations, just keep that in mind. :up