PDA

View Full Version : just fixed a paint chip.......

imported_Cliff
06-09-2002, 04:04 PM
Gentlemen, I just fixed a paint chip per David`s instructions. After I sanded it down with the 2000 grit Meguiars block, the paint hazed. I put IHG on as he said in the directions. I even tried SG on it and it is better but I can still see the cloudiness during the evening. My car is silver. What can I do about this? It seems that the gloss is permanently gone! Do I need to get a PC? If so, what kind of product do I need to use to buff this back up to high gloss? Thanks all!! -Cliff

p.s. if you need me to be more specific about what I did, just say so. :xyxthumbs

imported_Intel486
06-09-2002, 04:51 PM
You need to put a little heavier polish on the sanding marks. 3m Swirl Mark Remover is decent but leaves a lot of oil behind. Meguiar`s #9 is also a very good product. Try those first. You may have to use a few applications and really work them in. 2000 grit scratches shouldn`t be that hard to get out but you`ll have to work at it.

imported_Cliff
06-09-2002, 05:06 PM
Ok, I will try that. I do have Finesse it II fine rubbing compound. Would that be acceptable? Thanks for the info -Cliff:) :)