PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Quik Detailer any good?

Pages : [1] 2

dexter
06-09-2002, 03:23 PM
I have a bottle of Quik detailer by Meguiars and I was just wondering if this is a good touch-up spray shine like to use everyday in between washings? Thanks

VetteToVair
06-09-2002, 03:29 PM
in my opinion, meguiars final inspection is a much better qd. run a search here and i`m sure you`ll have hours worth of reading.

VetteToVair
06-09-2002, 03:33 PM
i think there was a recent poll in the member polls forum. check it out :up

i think it was called favorite qd

VetteToVair
06-09-2002, 03:35 PM
http://autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3462

CharlesW
06-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by GTI2001

I have a bottle of Quik detailer by Meguiars and I was just wondering if this is a good touch-up spray shine like to use everyday in between washings? Thanks

Don`t trashcan it. It is a decent product in my experience, but when it is gone, you might want to try Final Inspection by Meguiar`s. It seems to do a much better job for me. Eagle One makes a quick detailer that seems to work well, too. FI gets my vote.

Charles

Brad B
06-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl, Zaino Gloss Enhancer, OneGrand ShowOff, Wizards Mist and Shine, Pinnacle Crystal Mist are all much better QD`s in my opinion than Meguiars Final Inspection. MUCH better! These are on my "best" QD list.:xyxthumbs

CharlesW
06-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Brad:

Since I have no experience with those products, I would have to defer to your opinon. Heck, if I had experience with them, I would have to defer to your opinion. The quick detailers I use have to have two things going for them; work reasonably well and be available at my local auto supply store. For some reason, I really prefer to walk into the store, pick up the product, pay for it and walk out with it. Some of the reviews I have been reading on "Platinum" are starting to work on my mail order aversion, though.

Charles

jerry@robs
06-09-2002, 09:06 PM
it`s ok, but i find it to be too `thin`... you end up using a lot of the product... i like the bottle a lot though, very nice spray nozzle... i`d get some FI and pour the contents into the QD bottle instead... i use my remaining QD for door jambs, engine, etc... I like Eagle One 5 minute detailer a lot too (i dont know if they still sell that in the US)

frankandjeri@bellsouth.net
06-09-2002, 09:57 PM
You should try Meguiar`s Final Detail. It`s an improved Final Inspection. It`s so smooooooth. And the gloss, perfect...

I have used Quick Detailer, and yes, Theveed is right, it is thin, but the spray nozzle is great. So i use this bottle for final detail.

jerry@robs
06-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Is final detail available in the US?

I can`t seem to find the product reviewed or sold in any US websites?

It`s pink (unlike most qd that`s milky white)

JasonC8301
06-09-2002, 10:20 PM
I like my Meguiar`s QD for claying. Its readily available and smells like bubble gum. I paid like $5-$6 for a 24 ounce bottle I think.

I also have in my supplies, One Grand Show Off (my favorite), EF Clear Pearl (great QD, but I like OG better), Zaino Z-6(very nice for Z line), Eagle One Wet Wipe and Shine (decent), and Blackfire Gloss enhancer.

Jason

imported_Intermezzo
06-10-2002, 05:24 PM
For a waxed car, my vote definitely goes to OG Showoff. Haven`t tried EFCP. Pinnacle CM is a great product too, but it seems to have too much carnuaba in it for its own good. I noticed a bit of streaking or hazing when viewed under the sun....similar to the kind I get from Klasse SG.

imported_Tony
06-11-2002, 03:13 PM
The bottle that Meguiars QD comes in is priceless. It produces a very fine spray. Use it and enjoy it and when you have finished be sure to save the bottle and refill it with your favorite QD. I use CP in mine.

imported_JeffBruce
06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
I received 2 Quick Detailing sprays from meguiars for FREE, thats the only way I would get it, Brad`s post says it all..

jeff

i used Platinum`s Detail spray on my Platinum car..Looks great

I used Zaino Detail spray on my Zaino car and it looks great..

I do have FI and others, they were on sale..

old_gonzo
06-11-2002, 05:21 PM
I have to second that, Jeff. In my opinion, Meguiar`s QD spray leaves ALOT to be desired. I do have some in my bag of tricks, and it is used for the floor mats and wheelwells on the daily driver...that`s all it`s good for.