PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Tundra

bcbassn
06-08-2002, 08:51 AM
I have a green 2000 Toyota Tundra. I used clay, Perfect-It III Machine Glaze and Zaino. The pad I was using is make by Lakes? and has thousands of small squared pieces of foam blocks - in other words, it`s not flat foam.

When I was done on certain areas with the rotary, I noticed a slight oily sheen where the buffer had been - I guess kind of like a 1/2 swirl. Was this caused by a dirty pad? Not enough product? Not correct finishing product? Wrong pad?

imported_Intel486
06-08-2002, 01:37 PM
So you were using a rotary buffer and not an orbital? Were the pads you were using waffle pads? Like the surface has a whole bunch of lumps in it? The other pad I`m thinking of is hard to describe but it`s probably the one you have. I`ll have to pull up pictures for people.

Did the oily sheen wipe around? Like, you could wipe the towel one direction and look at the sheen and then wipe in another direction and the sheen changed directions?

Not sure... I`ve never used 3m Machine Glaze. Does it leave behind a lot of oily residue?

It might have been the pad or the product. Hard to say. Do you have another type of pad you might try?

Also, was it a cutting pad or finishing pad?