PDA

View Full Version : COBRA`s 1st BLACKFIRE exp.

MicroRacer
06-07-2002, 03:03 AM
Just got through "BLACKFIREING" the Cobra. 3 layers of BF polish & 3 layers of BF protectant. The BF polish....not bad. But after the protectant was applied.........WOW!:shocked These two should definatly be used as a combo. The BF "all finish paint protection" really brings out the polish. Some Liquid Glass and then a few layers of Klasse SG, and the snake should be ready for the BLITZ.

A good shine is like horsepower & sex.................

TOO MUCH, IS STILL NOT ENOUGH!!:D

06-07-2002, 04:14 AM
I thought one only needs to apply 1 layer of bf polish?

:nixweiss

MicroRacer
06-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Hey webviper,

You can apply as many layers of most products as you have the desire, time & energy for. Some products will not bond very well to others, but in this case the BFs are made to be used together,therefore multiple layers are better. I usually go with two with most products, but I layed down 3 because this paint had no prior treatment. I wanted a good "base" shine. That`s what surprised me about the BF......I could see the differance with each layer of the "all finish paint protection" over the BF polish. The only analogy I can give you is, like two coats of paint on your house is obviously better than one, and so on. And the more clearcoat layers that are added over paint the more depth & durability it will have. I will probably add a couple more layers on the rear deck,wing,roof and hood where the sun beats down the most.Also the elements, and moisture tends to stay on horizontal surfaces like these body parts, so I always lay down a couple X-tra layers.I also had several minor flaws (scratches & scuffs) they became less & less visible with each layer. Your GTS is black, so if you already use the BF, try layering it. Let me know what you think.

PEACE:xyxthumbs

MicroRacer
06-07-2002, 01:35 PM
ALSO...

The rear bumpercover and cowl hood came off my old Cobra & was just painted 9 weeks ago. The 3 layers of BF polish gave me a good shine & base coat for the BF AFPP to bond to.

I`m pleased:D

06-07-2002, 07:41 PM
3 coats of polish, then the paint protection, right? I think I`ll add a few layers of polish when I get my BF.

JonB
06-08-2002, 12:05 PM
You can`t layer BF Polish. It just polishes the surface more which of course removes any residue from the previous layer. That doesn`t mean you can`t keep polishing the surface until you are satisfied. I prefer to use something a little more abrasive at first if the surface needs it. I finish with the BF Polish. Then when I am satisfied that the surface is as good as it`s going to get, I start layering on the Protectant. This product will layer and the shine and hiding properties will improve with each layer up to about 5 or 6 layers. I`m not sure if you were thinking about using Liquid Glass and Klasse on top of this, but don`t....you would just be removing the BF....

H

06-08-2002, 01:03 PM
ah thought so :D

Yeah I know one can`t layer polish. It just sounded weird at first with 3 layers of polish, it was like saying someone put on 3 layers of AIO. My paint is pretty much in excellent condition.

Question is, how many layers of Paint Protection can you put on one day? I also want to add Souveran as a topper. I still love the look of Souveran by itself though.

JonB
06-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Supposedly 3 layers is the limit per day. I recently put Souveran on the Mustang over the BF. It looks great, however, I have noticed an ever so slight muting of the metallic paint. BF alone is exceptionally clear (like Z2). I`m not saying I don`t like the look, but it does change the paint color slightly....

H

06-08-2002, 07:35 PM
bigboyhf,

Have you ever tried Souveran alone and compared it to BF with Souveran as a topper? If BF looks like Z2, then I may not want to try BF. I want to avoid the Zaino look and have a more depth and glossy look like carnubas.

:shocked

JonB
06-09-2002, 11:16 AM
BF is definitely more like a Carnauba in depth than Z2. I have used Souveran alone and it is very close to BF....but really better in shine, but worse in durability and no UV protection. That`s why I combined the two. I was really refering to the clarity factor. BF and Z2 do not change the paint color or shade. Z5 I think does a little, but only a tiny bit. Wax and Klasse seem to darken or change the shade of the color and on the metallic paint is seems to mute the flakes in the paint.

BF has the closest shine to a wax that I have seen from a synthetic. The one thing that I have noticed is that the surface does not stay slick even though the shine remains. Not a major problem for me, but some here don`t like that....

H

MicroRacer
06-10-2002, 05:59 PM
I layer polish all the time. Never any problems. Infact, I just acheived my best comparrison this past weekend from all the years of doing this. My old hood & bumpercover was painted aproximatley 9 weeks ago. The rest of the car was painted before I bought the car (I don`t know when) but it has been repainted. My wing came from my old Cobra, and is black with purple marble. Even after the prep,cleaning and the BF, there is definatly a HUGE differance. The wing`s shine is deeper & more solid. There is no doubt. The purple marble in my wing looks almost 3D up against the black background. bigboyhf said, it`s does`nt seem like the BF stay`s slick. I noticed this on mine, just over the weekend. It does`nt seem as slick now. I don`t like that. I thought maybe I did`nt let it cure properly. Also, late friday, I tried experimenting with some other polishes over the BF paint protectant. These usually are a breeze ( #7,Duragloss,& Klasse) I done about a 6 inch square of these products, & they were a ***** to remove, except the Klasse SG. Maybe I`ll just lay down a couple more layers of BF paint protection.