PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on cleaner waxes

RRX
06-06-2002, 07:25 PM
I just want to ask which of these cleaner waxes is recommended?

my choices from my local stores are:

- Meguiar`s cleaner wax (burgundy bottle)

- Meguiar`s professional No.6 cleaner wax

- Mother`s carnauba cleaner wax

Anyone use all three before or have experience with anyone of these?

Also does anybody know if the Meguiar`s professional No.6 and the stuff in their regular line (burgundy bottle) is the same stuff?

imported_BretFraz
06-06-2002, 07:38 PM
I`ve used the two Meguiar`s products and definitely like #6 better. Goes on easier, comes off easier, leaves a nice shine, does a decent job of removing oxidation and surface crud. You`ll get maybe 2 months of decent protection out of it.

#6 was my one-step of choice when I had my detailing biz. I used the Cleaner-Wax a few times over the years and never liked it compared to the #6. FYI - it finished dead last in Consumer Reports most recent test of car waxes.

Hope this helps.

imported_Intel486
06-06-2002, 08:35 PM
I think #6 is a very good cleaner wax. Goes on very easy and buffs off very easy.

smfrycruzr
06-06-2002, 11:52 PM
when I used the Mother`s (came in the clay kit) I was amazed at the results...made my friends mustang hood 50x`s better!!! I love that stuff!

imported_Intel486
06-07-2002, 12:44 AM
ohh yhea, I forgot about the mothers cleaner wax. I tried the small bottle of it that came with my claybar. It is also an excellent cleaner wax. I think it might actually be easier to buff off than Meguiar`s #6.

frankandjeri@bellsouth.net
06-07-2002, 01:12 AM
I just clayed and 3 stepped my car this morning using step 1-3 consumer line of meguiar`s.

Step 1 produced good results...i suggest u clay first before preping...

I have`nt tried any of the pro line of meguiar`s except for the QD Cleaner wax. This one is very good for removing stubborn dirt. I use this to clean my car`s engine room.

I`m getting a set of meguiar`s pro line products soon.

By the way, Meguiar`s Final Detail (new improved Final Inspection) is awesome!

-Poch

imported_Intermezzo
06-07-2002, 03:20 PM
In terms of ease of use alone, the Mother`s cleaner wax is the best product out of the three cleaner waxes mentioned. I was amazed at how quickly the stuff dried and how easily the stuff wiped off with no smearing or streaking whatsoever. Meguiar`s #6 is great too, but it didn`t wipe off quite as easily as the Mothers wax.