PDA

View Full Version : Still can`t decide - Zaino or Platinum

tlrookie
06-06-2002, 01:24 PM
After reading many posts on this forum, I decided to order either Zaino or Platinum for my 2 months old Silver BMW.

I really like the shine of Zaino on Silver cars. But the preparation before using Zaino is the most difficult part.

I already have few coats of Mothers Reflections on my BMW. Since Reflections is a polymer product, will dish washing soap (can`t buy Dawn in Hong Kong) be enough to take them out?

If I need something stronger, then I rather buy Platinum kit because the Platinum Polish with take care of the prep work and no need to dawn wash.

Please help and give me some suggestions! Your help is greatly appreciated!!

PS. One more questions, since Zaino does not offer a polish, will using Z5 be enough to keep my car from swirl marks in the long run?

2wheelsx2
06-06-2002, 01:26 PM
A search will tell you that Dawn won`t remove Zaino. You will need some sort of abrasive/paint cleaner such as PPCL or SMR. But then if you use the Platinum polish, you are doing the same thing, using a polish. So I don`t see how Zaino is more work.

tlrookie
06-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Can you explain a little bit more?

Are you suggesting that Dawn wash cannot take out my existing coat of Mothers Reflections?

Also, is Dawn wash needed before applying Platinum Polish?

Many thanks!!

2wheelsx2
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
PM`d you.