PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Wheel Cleaners

touhy
06-06-2002, 10:52 AM
I`ve seen , like 4 different versions for sale. There is the A2Z which works well but then they have three others for specific finishes. Are the specialty formulas better or just marketing?

ALAN81
06-06-2002, 11:01 AM
I use A2Z wheel cleaner for break dust and it works real well Never used any other Eagle One wheel product!

2wheelsx2
06-06-2002, 11:18 AM
I have used the Aluminum Wash, and it does a great job on light brake dust and general cleaning. Others here have recommended A2Z as better for heavy brake dust and grime. I guess it`s more aggressive.

VettePilot
06-06-2002, 11:50 AM
I`ll give you a run down of our whee cleaners.

Aluminum Wash and Cleaner - This was designed for polished aluminum wheels where oxidation can occur from other wheel cleaners. It is pH neutral and is very mild. It is safe for any wheels, however because of the very mild cleaning properties, cleaning grime and heavy brake dust will take some agitation.

A2Z All Wheel Cleaner - This is now available in an orange bottle. The new orange bottle is an alkaline based formula. Designed for use on all wheels. It used to be in a black bottle which is an acid based formula. For most grime and brake dust it will clean quickly, however for heavy build ups it will require agitation.

Chrome and Wire Wheel Cleaner - Designed for chrome plated wheels. This is a stonger formula and should only be used on chrome wheels or spokes wheels (not motorcycles or gold wheels). Only use on true chrome plated, not any of the new chrome look finishes.

Etching Mag Cleaner - Our strongest cleaner and should only be used on true "As Cast" alloy wheels. These are wheel brands such as Western and I do not believe there is any current as cast wheels, these are usually early 80`s wheels and found on llarger trucks.

In any case, be sure the wheels are clean when using. Sorry guys for the long list, not advertising, just giving a run down on what cleaners are for what type of wheels.

Joe

2wheelsx2
06-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Cool. Thanks, Joe.:xyxthumbs

ALAN81
06-06-2002, 12:11 PM
THANKS JOE...................................Eagle One has some real nice products!

imported_BretFraz
06-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Great post, Joe. That`s exactly the kind of info we need here.

VettePilot
06-06-2002, 12:41 PM
First off, the last little saying should be..."Wheels should be COOL when using" - not clean, haha. I swear once in awhile I do stuff like that.

I just wanna give the best info I can for you guys. Heh, I am glad I found you guys, good to share knowledge of something we love cars and detailing.

imported_Intel486
06-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by E36 M Sedan

First off, the last little saying should be..."Wheels should be COOL when using" - not clean, haha. I swear once in awhile I do stuff like that.

There is an edit button toward the bottom right of your post.

Good information to know.

RegalGS
06-06-2002, 04:00 PM
I bought a bottle of the A2Z wheel cleaner, and really like it. It took two applications on my Regal to get the grime off the wheels, but I was really afraid to agitate it, I just let the spray do the work. (The wheels are chrome-plated aluminum, I believe.) I used it on the wheels on my husband`s truck ("why bother washing that thing? it doesn`t need any wax, it`s a truck!") and was surpised to find that his wheels actually look silver now! Those wheels took some serious agitating, but they look great now! I`m hooked... :up

- Dawn

VettePilot
06-06-2002, 04:52 PM
I know about the edit button, but I just wanted to correct myself in the open...that way those that read it before realized I caught my mistake and saw the correction since I was giving info and that line didn`t make sense. :cool:

imported_Intel486
06-06-2002, 05:09 PM
You can always put at the bottom:

Edit: Changed "clean" to "cool."

:D

VettePilot
06-06-2002, 05:13 PM
:bow :D