PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Detail Plan

imported_civic2383
06-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi! I am planning on doing a full detail on my 1994 Toyota Camry. I am using Zaino with Zfx. And I just received my Porter Cable 7424 from Coastal Tools. Heres my plan.

1. Dawn Wash

2. Z-18 Claybar with Z-7 as lube.

3. Dawn Wash

4. 3m SMR for dark cars (my car is silver but I have read that it is the same except for some dark fillers) applied using my PC 7424. I am not sure what pad to use I did a search and I think ill use a White pad from CMA, then move to a wool pad if needed. How much product will I want to apply on the pad?

5. Dawn Wash

6. 3 * Z-5 with ZFX applied using my PC with a CMA white pad. I am unsure about this but I would guess that with the zaino system I would not want to make a bead around the pad but a small dot in the middle? Also will I want to rub the zaino on the paint before buffing (as shown in http://autopia-carcare.com/lib/autopia/Buffing768.wmv) With Z-6 before and after each coat, using MF to buff both

Next Day

7. Z-7 Wash

8. 3* Z-2 using same steps in #6

9.Then a interior cleaning including floor mat was using Oxiclean/Tide mix

Any tips and suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks

laynlow
06-05-2002, 11:16 PM
Wash the car first with what ever you like. Other than that you only need to dawn wash after the 3M SMR. The other is really not worth your time.

Also, if the white cma pad does not do the trick, try a second application or use the yellow cutting pad. Do not use the wool pad except as a last resort.

Be sure to take some pics to share!!

smfrycruzr
06-06-2002, 10:32 AM
don`t you guys think it`s funny that every time someone gets a new product they list all of the steps that they are going to do to their car and we are supposed to go through it time and time again when really it has been posted hundreds of times and is using up precious server space?!? Don`t mind me I`m just ranting.

Sharkie
06-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I agree with Laynlow, you only need to dawn wash for final prep before Zaino. I wouldn’t not apply Z with the CMA white pad, especially on subsequent coats, use the gray if you got it. Hand application goes very fast as well. Good luck, post pics :xyxthumbs

Adam

jrush
06-06-2002, 05:20 PM
cool