PDA

View Full Version : MF Towels from JT International

Pages : [1] 2 3

annapoal
06-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Based on others positive feedback, I ordered some MF towels from Tom at JT International (jtintern@hotmail.com). I ordered 25 towels Friday, they made the trip via USPS and arrived here on the opposite coast on Wednesday, very good.

I asked him to mix and match any colors he had, I got 5 yellow, 5 green, 5 blue, and 10 light green. Right out of the bag, they felt like good towels (they are 70/30). Although all colors look identical (except for the color of course) and have the same tags, I could have sworn they felt a little different (in order from plush to plushest):

Yellow

Blue/Green

Light Green (luckily I got 10 of these).

However, after running them through the washer on the hand wash cycle with 2 rinses with warm water, and then through the low cycle in the dryer, I can`t feel as much if any difference between the colors.

I compared them to the other MF towels I have:

1 cheapo from Pep Boys or something - no comparison the new ones are MUCH better.

Several Viper 80/20 MF from CMA - new ones are much plusher.

Several Miracle Towels 70/30 from CMA - very very close, the CMA may have a slight plushness edge. However, I`ve had a linting problem with the CMA MF. They were bought around last September or so and I understand there may have been a slight quality problem back then. Also, although the CMA might feel a little plusher, the threads seem to be better packed on the new towels. I think that I saw the CMA has redesigned their towels and have a higher thread density, so maybe this isn`t really even a valid comparison any more.

In any case the new towels seem to be very high quality 70/30 Korean towels and the price (about 2 and a quarter each shipped) is really fantastic! :xyxthumbs

I ordered from Tom via e-mail but from what I`ve read here about him you can also purchase via EBay (not sure how the pricing would compare, search the archives for other posts about him for his EBay user name). I paid via PayPal but he also claims to take credit cards.

I will follow up after I get a chance to use these guys over the weekend.

cpaddock
06-05-2002, 06:14 PM
I must concure with everything you posted. This guy rocks. I am dying to wash my car so I can try the waffle weave towels.

:up

imported_fatboy
06-05-2002, 06:25 PM
i`m glad to hear that other people are finding the towels supplied by tom to be a really good product at a great price. they are working excellently for me, whether i am qd`ing, drying or buffing out sg. so glad i found this source instead of having to spend so much on towels from other places. i`ll have to see if he`s got any mint greens available the next time i order since he was out of them last time. all hail affordable quality mf towels:xyxthumbs

ALAN81
06-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Ive been talking about this guy for months after I bought from him on e BAY

Chalky
06-05-2002, 07:45 PM
Count me in as a satisfied customer as well.

GP Infinity
06-05-2002, 07:53 PM
I had read the good things here and just ordered some towels from him... am actually thinking about doing the distributorship thing with him as well..

dboat

marktheshark
06-06-2002, 08:16 AM
I got a couple of the 16x36 purple towels he has. 70/30 blend. These are very nice at a great price. I got them from Tom thru ebay. Two of them for a total of $11.

He is outstanding to do business with. Also will send list of sizes and prices upon request.

uxu
06-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Here is a list of ultramicrofiber`s (http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ultramicrofiber&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1) eBay auctions. I am newbie and thought other newbie`s would appreciate a link to his `stuff`.

imported_seres
06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Add me to the list of satisfied customers....after seeing the posts on here, and receiving a price list from Tom, I ordered:

16 16x16 inch microtouch towels, assorted colors

2 16x36 inch microtouch towels, blue

2 16x24 inch waffle weave microtouch, orange-y/yellow

(gonna split the order with my dad as a father`s day present)

I`m looking forward to trying out the waffle weave, since this is new to me.

These came in today, the same day as my neatitems from the group buy. They sure do look and feel the same as the neatitems. The price is definitely great, the shipping is super fast, and Tom is a pleasure to do business with.

And I`m in MF heaven right now!! All these beautiful, plush new towels! Let`s go detail something!!! :xyxthumbs

VetteToVair
06-06-2002, 11:00 PM
uxu, just email him and tell him what you want or ask him what he`s got. i think he starts his auctions for 25 16` x 16` at $48. if you just email him, he`ll sell them for $50. not much difference, except no hassle of bidding. (plus shipping of course, i think $7). pretty good deal - $2.28 per towel. i love mine.

Finishing Touch
06-07-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by emanon

I must concure with everything you posted. This guy rocks. I am dying to wash my car so I can try the waffle weave towels.

:up

What do you think of the waffle weave towels? Do they hold more water than the regular towels?

DoorMan

annapoal
06-07-2002, 11:12 PM
I`ve started using my new batch of the MF towels, no lint at all even on the convertible top which really picks up the lint. I`m extremely pleased, and having 25 is a dream because if I drop one or whatever I don`t even think twice, I throw it in the dirty pile and pick up a new one. ;)

Icemanmt
06-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Have any of you guys used the waffle design MTs yet? Would appreciate what you thought about them.

Thanks

ALAN81
06-10-2002, 10:15 AM
YES ON THE ABOVE QUESTION................there great for drying your car! also other things!

couch16
06-10-2002, 03:30 PM
I just bought 35 of the regular MF towels and 6 of the waffle-weave towels.

All were EXCELLENT and delivered with two days.

Best of all the regular towels were only $2 each and the waffel-weave were only $3.75 each.

I highly recommend them all.