PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old problems, in with the new... HELP!

Chuckmotor
06-05-2002, 01:29 PM
My hood was in pretty bad shape. There were several chip marks and some deep scratches that wouldn`t come out, but worst of all, a few dents in the crease of the hood where someone jumped on it. Dent Wizard said they couldn`t remove those type of dents, due to its position or something, so when I found a good deal on a new hood, I went after it and bought it. I had B&R Body Shop install and paint the hood. When I got it back, I immedietly noticed what looked like a lot of buffer marks, holograming, and swirls. In direct sun, it looks awful. In low light, it looks great.

Because I got new paint on the hood (they did a good job color matching), I can`t do any waxing for three months on it, is what B&R told me. I assume I can`t do any polishing, either. So do I have to stare at this holograming hood for three months till I can attack it with FI-II and a yellow pad, or is there something I can do now?

imported_BretFraz
06-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Chill, baby. Just chill. Paint needs time to cure. It`l be OK, don`t worry.

laynlow
06-05-2002, 03:50 PM
You can use this until your paint cures. It will probably improve the appearance some, and you will need to use it frequently. I would recommend hand application.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=318790

You cannot wax over it or try and remove the swirls yet...