PDA

View Full Version : New Car, How to keep it looking that way

gearhead58
06-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Just got a new X5, silver. I have been following this site for awhile now and I just wanted to know what is the best Wax for silver out there. I have seen Zaino and PS21 mentioned alot. I dont want to spend the whole day detailing the car but I want that shinny show car look.

Any suggestions. Thanks

rolle4
06-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the New ride!

No matter which type of finish protection you decide to use the first time will take a fair amount of time to get the job done correctly. Since surface prep is the key, even on a new car, take the time to thouroughly Dawn wash, clay and then protect.

On my last new car I went with Zaino right away and have not regretted it for a minute. The shine is great, durable, cleans up in a snap with Z7 wash and Z6 QD. Initial application takes some time but after that its a breeze to layer on more Z to enhance the look and protection.

The polish/wax route is equally satisfying, but if time is a consideration with regards to maintaining the finish (wax will need reapplication a bit more frequently than a polymer) I give the nod to Zaino :xyxthumbs

gearhead58
06-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info. How many Zaino product do I have to buy if I just want to apply a wax. I have the blueish Zymol wax I got from the auto store and I thought it was the best stuff until I stumble on this this site. Do I have to but multiple products with Zaino other high quality wax.

Originally posted by brokerbh

Congrats on the New ride!

No matter which type of finish protection you decide to use the first time will take a fair amount of time to get the job done correctly. Since surface prep is the key, even on a new car, take the time to thouroughly Dawn wash, clay and then protect.

On my last new car I went with Zaino right away and have not regretted it for a minute. The shine is great, durable, cleans up in a snap with Z7 wash and Z6 QD. Initial application takes some time but after that its a breeze to layer on more Z to enhance the look and protection.

The polish/wax route is equally satisfying, but if time is a consideration with regards to maintaining the finish (wax will need reapplication a bit more frequently than a polymer) I give the nod to Zaino :xyxthumbs

Ken B
06-04-2002, 01:23 PM
May I suggest you do a complete prep on your car with dawn,clay and your favorite polymer (Blackfire, Klasse or Zaino).

Develope a maintenance rutine where you just do one or two panels every week after washig your car to save time.

Wash, dry, apply polymer, clean interior, glass and apply dressings as it dries (takes about 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour depending on weather) then remome and you are set.

it takes just a little longer than the car wash and it keeps the car protected and shinny at all timers.

Technique is very important to make thing look right, as you practice you will get better and quicker, but there are no short cuts to keeping the car clean.

:D

rolle4
06-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Zaino is a system and to do a new car I would order the following

Z2 & or Z5 - Polymer sealant (Z5 is for filling swirls) you may not need this on a new car

ZFX - drying activator (helps spped the drying of Zaino products)

Z6 - Quick Detailer

Z7 - Wash

Clay Bar (the Zaino Bar is great others here also like Clay Magic and Mothers)

you will naturally need a good wash mit, 2 buckets, applicators, and either 100% Cotton towels or quality Micro Fiber towels for buffing and prduct removal

Check the Zaino Bros. web site for more info www.zainobros.com

Then get your sunglasses ready, the shine is amazing! :bounce

jrush
06-04-2002, 02:12 PM
Silver is a great color too, always looks great.