PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between the two sides of miracle towels?

TonyTahoe
06-04-2002, 10:02 AM
They have two distinct surfaces on the Miracle Towels. One is close knit side and one is more of a "shag" side.

When you detail, do you use one side as opposed to the other for certain things? I don`t - I interchange.

Always wondered about this...

ALAN81
06-04-2002, 10:34 AM
this question has been asked before but I will answer it anyway.Its your choice which side you use for me I like to buff out wax, polish or carnuba with the shagg side while using the short side to apply product .ITS UP TO THE PERSON THERE IS NO RIGHT AND WRONG BOTH WAYS THE CAR WILL COME OUT NICE IF YOU DO IT RIGHT

imported_seres
06-04-2002, 10:34 AM
I interchange, too. I wondered if you should use one for one thing, and the other side for something else, but so far I don`t!

Finishing Touch
06-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ALAN81

this question has been asked before but I will answer it anyway.Its your choice which side you use for me I like to buff out wax, polish or carnuba with the shagg side while using the short side to apply product .ITS UP TO THE PERSON THERE IS NO RIGHT AND WRONG BOTH WAYS THE CAR WILL COME OUT NICE IF YOU DO IT RIGHT

I think this is the correct way but as Alan says anything that works for you is fine.

DoorMan :up

Blackmirror
06-06-2002, 05:53 PM
What about for QDing? Does it matter which side you use to buff or wipe off contaminants?

PakShak
06-06-2002, 06:10 PM
I like to use the plusher side to QD my car. I think it will better lock in dust between the fibers so it should minimize potential scratches. I don`t use my MF towels to apply product only to remove them. I use either a MF applicator or sponge.

Aloha,

~Ranney