PDA

View Full Version : Souveran in direct sunlight

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-04-2002, 09:38 AM
I put Souveran on 2 weeks ago and put another layer a few days ago. The car is black and sits everyday in direct sunlight. Thats not good at all, right? The scratches appear visibly when I qd. It seems like the carnuba is melting, right?

I guess it`s time to switch to bf and a souveran topper.

:sosad

BradE
06-04-2002, 03:21 PM
You are seeing marring because the heat softens up the caranuba and makes it easy to marr. No wax will last very long on a Black car that sits outside, the surface temp can easily reach 200+ degrees. Caranubas begin to degrade at around 160.

Jngrbrdman
06-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Carnuba melts of pretty quick (compared to other products that could be used) and on a black car in the direct sunlight it will definatly burn off faster than on a garage queen. Souveran is going to make your car look awesome before you hit the main drag on Friday night but by the next weekend you are going to want to put another coat on if its going to be exposed to the summer sun like that. Just a heads up. There isn`t anything you can do to stop it either. Its just the nature of the beast.

Scottwax
06-05-2002, 11:53 AM
I have a burgandy car that gets pretty damn hot (not like black, but the surface is too hot to leave your hand on) and it still looks great 3 weeks after using Souveran. It`s been washed 4 times and QDed a couple of times since I applied Souveran.

Are you sure you are getting scratches or could it be streaking because the QD is drying too much before you wipe it off?

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Maybe it`s just me. I think it`s just that carnubas seem to lose its swirl-hiding properties very quickly. The car looked awesome today in the shade. A nice, deep, glossy shimmer.

:D

Is this theory right?

BF will have less depth and gloss than souveran since it is a sealant. In addition, BF with Souveran as a topper will give comparable results to Souveran itself.

imported_Intel486
06-05-2002, 03:47 PM
What quickdetailer are you using?

Another possibility is that the quick detailer you are using is leaving behind a residue which looks like swirls. I know it happened to me when I use to use Meguiar`s Quick Detailer but a clean micrfiber towel removed the residue.

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-05-2002, 04:31 PM
I`m using Meguiars FI. I have some of the EF QD and E1 QD but I haven`t tried it on the car.