PDA

View Full Version : PC Hook and Loop Pad

imported_Nokiemon
06-04-2002, 06:53 AM
I am trying to order some polishing pads from CMS and I am trying to see if this Hook and Loop pad that came with my PC is the same as the velcro backed pad CMA sells.

I nee to know which kit I can order because it looks like its a different one if you already have the velcro pad.

KL

imported_Tony
06-04-2002, 03:13 PM
It is not clear which PC you have and which pad came with it. If you bought the 7424 or 7336sp, you will need the backing plate from CMA.

imported_Nokiemon
06-04-2002, 03:54 PM
I bought the 7424 from Coastal tools and it had mentioned it wa coming with the velcro backing plate. When I received the item the plate actually reads "hook and Loop pad". I checked it out and it does look and feel like a velcro backing but I was wondering if this is any different than th eone CMA sells with their kit.

KL

Lenny
06-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by KenLee

I am trying to order some polishing pads from CMS and I am trying to see if this Hook and Loop pad that came with my PC is the same as the velcro backed pad CMA sells.

I nee to know which kit I can order because it looks like its a different one if you already have the velcro pad.

KL

I have the exact same Porter Cable hook and loop backup plate, and it works well with CMA`s pads, Meguiar`s and Griots pads. I`ve used it extensively with all three brands of pads with absolutely no problems.

annapoal
06-04-2002, 04:22 PM
I believe "hook and loop" is just the generic name for the trademark "Velcro" so it should do the same thing.

2wheelsx2
06-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Yup. Velcro is trademarked. Hook and Loop is the proper trade name. Same thing.

annapoal
06-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Got mine today, the Coastal Tool hook and loop as well as the CMA pads. They seem to stick really well.