PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover

zey
06-04-2002, 01:09 AM
Has anyone tried Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover? Please comment on this product. Thanks. :)

Lowejackson
06-04-2002, 09:22 AM
I have used it many times, works well for me. Good product :up

Steven

m5m3
06-04-2002, 09:53 AM
I use it a lot (lots of Tar around my way). I oftern one every 6 weeks rub the whole car over with it to get rid of all the TAR and other bits of crap - this leaves the paint very smooth. - Then I Polish and seal using their Polish and extra Gloss. On Tar the product works the best I have found. Their polish however leaves white resedue that drives me mad.

zey
06-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think I will consider this product because I have a problem removing stubborn bonded black contaminants on the car. Not even Meguiar`s Clear Coat Body Scrub will do! Maybe this ITR will dissolve the thing and leave a smooth surface...:)

Lowejackson
06-04-2002, 11:35 AM
If you have some WD40, try that first. If after using the Autoglym, the marks are still there, try using clay.

Even if you get rid of the marks, it is still worth buying the Autoglym, as tar marks will always be there, so it is a good product to have to hand.

Steven

zey
06-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I have tried WD40 before, quite useful on lower part of the doors, but the problem is it is very oily, making hard to clean. Because I need to remove road tar on the hood and bonnet, I don`t wish to spray WD40 all over. How does Autoglym ITR smell like? What colour? Is it also oily?

m5m3
06-05-2002, 03:50 AM
Its a clear liquid. It must be an alcohol based product (it dissolves latex gloves). It is easy to get off as it evaporates.