PDA

View Full Version : After all that hard work yesterday..

MarkLT1
06-03-2002, 10:46 PM
restoring my vette`s paint: http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11271

I hit a deer today.. I cant believe my luck!!! The impact got my front bumper good, and put a bunch of cracks in my fiberglass hood :eek: and some nice scratches down the roof .. Y`all are great at detailing.. anyone good at insurance claims?? Is it possible to get an entire repaint in a case like this?? I dont want to have them do a fade from the new red to the old.. I want it to look like new!!! I know I have to submit 2 estimates from 2 different body shops.. anyone know a couple of great body shops in NJ???

-Mark

allen aikens jr.
06-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Dude,

That SUX!! :shocked

The corvette was looking good. I hope it all works out to your

advantage. Let us know what happens.

mr.thetank
06-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Just wondering where you are located in Princeton. I work in Lawrencville right around the corner from Lawrencville prep. I hit a deer, actually the deer hit me, in the middle of the day a two years ago in Princeton. Not exactly the place you would expect to hi a deer. Hope all goes well. I still have to get mine fixed up, long story why it is not fixed yet.

Todd Davis

MarkLT1
06-03-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by bmwtinut

Just wondering where you are located in Princeton. I work in Lawrencville right around the corner from Lawrencville prep. I hit a deer, actually the deer hit me, in the middle of the day a two years ago in Princeton. Not exactly the place you would expect to hi a deer. Hope all goes well. I still have to get mine fixed up, long story why it is not fixed yet.

Todd Davis

I am a graduate student at the university.. Live about 5 blocks from 206... (where it makes the turn at the light). I hit the deer just north of the princeton airport on 206.. There is a really good little cafe that my GF and I go to across from Lawrenceville prep.. cant remember the name though..

-Mark

annapoal
06-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Jeez, talk about Murphy`s Law, we feel your pain Mark! :(

Good luck!

MarkLT1
06-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by redboxster

Jeez, talk about Murphy`s Law, we feel your pain Mark! :(

What did the repair shops say about what the insurance company would offer, I`m sure they see this stuff all the time.

Good luck!

no kidding.. my GF says I have the worst luck in the world.. I think this just about confirmed it!! ..

I havent yet contacted any repair shops.. The car is very drivable (seeing as it is so low to the ground, I kind of scooped up the deer).. and I am trying to find out what are the best shops in this area..

The story gets a little more crazy.. I hit it going 45 or so.. it slid right up my (now very slick ;) ) hood, and off my windshield (I have a deer nose print on my glass..) It was hurled, upside down, into oncomming traffic.. An oncomming car hit it, mid flight, with its windshield.. we both pulled over.. I checked to see if he was ok, he was checking to see if I was ok..

So then we hear the deer struggling in the ditch.. I look at it (hesitantly, expecting lots of gore I didnt want to see), but there is the deer, on all 4 legs, with its head stuck in a fence.. it pulls its head out, looks at us, and bolts back across the road.. and gets hit AGAIN!! it does a twist.. rolls over on the other side of the road, gets up, and bolts into the woods.. The deer was INDESTRUCTIBLE.. it was the most unreal thing I have ever seen!!!

-Mark

DETAILKING
06-04-2002, 09:09 AM
I have gotten work done at both of these body shops. I like the second one better, but both do great work. They should be able to give you an estimate no problem.......

Lee`s autobody - Woodbridge, NJ

Collision Correctors - Bayville, NJ Ask for Dave.

couch16
06-04-2002, 04:30 PM
If this makes you feel any better, at least you weren`t as unlucky as my cousin Jeff.

Jeff ordered a Camaro from a dealership 30 minutes from his house. Weeks later, the dealership called to say that his car arrived and that he could pick it up.

So he drove his current car, which he was trading in, to the dealership, only to find out that the Camaro had not yet arrived. Someone else`s car arrived and they called Jeff by mistake. But they assured him it would arrive the following day.

On his drive home, he hits a deer and TOTALS his old car.

Sure enough, the following day his Camaro arrives and the dealership is expecting Jeff`s car as a trade-in. He explains that the car was totaled - and it`s partially the dealership`s fault. After all, the only reason he was on the road was because the dealership said to come pick up the new car!

The dealership didn`t care.

The old car wasn`t worth anything to the insurance company so they weren`t about to shell out any money. The dealership was going to give him a good trade-in value, but now the car`s totaled.

Such is life.

Feel any better now?