PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who detail on the side..

laynlow
06-03-2002, 11:59 AM
What would a fair price be on the following?

2001 Chevy Silverado, Extended Cab

Clay, SMR, Dawn & Zaino Exterior

Vac & Wet clean carpet, Lexol leather, and all of the normal assorted details inside and out

My neighbor asked for a price, and I honestly don`t know what is fair.

Turbonator
06-03-2002, 12:15 PM
i don`t know if you`d call it fair, but when i do that much work along with cleaning the engine - my price for that is $200. that`s what i charge for all of what you`re describing. if you`re gonna do the work yourself, i`d say you`re looking at a minimum of 4hrs. and more like 6hrs. to do it right. besides that, i`m assuming you`ll be using your own products? if this seems high to you all i`ve got to say is i wouldn`t do it for less than $100 - your time and effort are worth at least that.

Jngrbrdman
06-03-2002, 12:29 PM
If its a buddy then probably around $120. If its not a buddy then between $150-$175. Thats a lot of time when you are talking about clay and SMR. If you want to make $5 bucks an hour then you could probably do it for less but to make any money at it then it is going to cost. Normal detail shops will charge you nearly $100 just for an SMR job. That isn`t including clay, Zaino, or any interior work. I think that $150 would be a fair price for that much work. Especially if you tell him to shop around for prices.

imported_Intel486
06-03-2002, 02:06 PM
That much work would be around $160 for me to do. Little bit more if he has one of the big bedcovers on it. They are hard to get up that high to do the whole roof area.

06-03-2002, 03:19 PM
I charge 200 - 250 for a full detail. Depends on how bad it is and size of vehicle. I have a huge list of people waiting even @ those prices :) .

HouseOfShine
06-03-2002, 03:35 PM
I have the same truck.

If you perform all the steps mentioned, you`re looking at AT LEAST 6 hours. Trust me I`ve done it. Only difference is, I used Klasse AIO & SG instead of Zaino.

Any detail shop around here would charge no less than 250.00 for a full size extended cab pickup.