PDA

View Full Version : How well will a car hold up in blistering sun?

kenneth
06-03-2002, 12:37 AM
I am moving to Phoenix, Arizona. The place I work has no cover parking. My car will be parked outside most of the time. I’m concern the blistering sun will do damage to the car’s interior (dash, leather seats) and the exterior (paint). I use Blitz OG wax now but may switch to Zaino or Klasse if the carnauba wax can’t hold up under the Arizona sun. On the interior side, I use 303 and Lexol leather cleaner & conditioner. I’ve tinted windows and plan to use a sun shade when the car is parked. What other precautions can I take? How well will a car hold up under this kind of condition?

Later,

Kenneth

DaGonz
06-03-2002, 08:16 AM
What color is the car? If it`s a dark color, carnauba will not hold up due to the extreme temperature that the vehicle`surface will reach. A light color would reflect some of the heat, but in Phoenix, where the temps go into the 100`s on a regular basis (it`s a dry heat except for monsoon season!) I don`t think that canauba would last on it either.

I would use Zaino or Klasse and get a car cover!

imported_Intel486
06-03-2002, 10:26 AM
Get a synthetic wax. Will last you a lot longer in the extreme heat.

rd_volvo
06-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi Kenneth,

I would give OG a call and get there opinion on high heat.

They have many years experience in high heat being located

in So California.

drewski59
06-03-2002, 05:10 PM
:shocked So hot!!!!

Anyway, I agree with getting Zaino. The main reason I got it was so I wouldn`t worry about it no matter how sunny or hot it was.

Z has UV-40 sunblock, the highest of any wax/sealant!!!

No faded paint in the future for Zaino users!!:xyxthumbs

MikeLS
06-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Even the most durable carnaubas out there will not be able to stand up to continuous EXTREME heat on a daily basis. IMHO, it makes much more sense to use a polymer for protection (UV40) alone in those types of environments. Plus, IMO, you aren`t giving up much, if anything, in terms of shine, going with a polymer like Zaino. If you need protection, and want a heck of a shine too, you can`t beat the polymer class!

:wavey