PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO and SG

McMustang
06-02-2002, 04:29 PM
What can I say but WOW!!! These two products produced such a shine on my Mustang I will never use ANYTHING on ANY of my cars. With the exception of a carnauba topper, it`s all Klasse for me. Check my post in the Members Pictures section to see the shine.

AIO Review:

Very easy to apply and remove. Used a Viper MF applicator which I sprayed with Eagle One Wet Wipe N` Shine on every 3 applications of product. Took about 10 minutes to apply to the whole car.

SG Review

Easy to apply, a real pain in the a** to remove. Let it sit on the paint to dry for about 45 minutes and also used the EO QD to apply. At certain points it was so difficult to remove I had to wet my MF towel with the EO QD. However it gives a KILLER shine...It`s worth all the work.

Jngrbrdman
06-02-2002, 04:33 PM
I`m glad the Klasse results pleased you. :) I love it myself. For future reference you might find it easier to buff SG off if you use a thinner layer. The first couple times using it people always tend to use too much. If you can see it then you`ve used too much. It doesn`t hurt the car, it just makes it a pain to buff off. I`ll bet it looks absolutly stunning in person!

getfit74
06-02-2002, 04:37 PM
You`ll get the hang of it. I`ve found if you use the S/G with a QD dampened applicator it`s harder to remove. I think its the QD drying on the surface that does it. Most QD`s say no drying allowed. I always apply SG with a dry app. and it seems to help. I have also noticed with each application it becomes easier to remove. Much like you I`m a true fan. I do want to try Zaino also someday. Once you get into it youll develop your own routine and techniques. Welcome to the club!!

Finishing Touch
06-02-2002, 07:52 PM
I have AIO and SG on my truck. They really look good. I had no problem removing either of them. I did have problems with SG on the chrome. I tried later with a damp MF and followed with a dry MF on the next coat. That worked fine. I have always used carnauba but if I can get 5 to 6 months with Klasse I am a convert. This is a daily driver that is parked outside.

DoorMan :bow

amgtorre
06-03-2002, 10:27 PM
I`m on the third try with SG on my car (dark mettalic blue) ...

The first two started somewhat like you`re describing it, but after washing I found that the SG was hazing, only visible in sunlight at certain angles, looked like a sloppy wax job.

With my third try I should say I`m a beleiver, stunning shine and no hazing, no dust attraction and easy to clean ...

The key ? Ridicuosly small amounts of SG, while applying I see the SG right after applied and then it vanishes in a couple of seconds, if it leaves a visible haze then I`m using too much, I feel slightly dumb try to buff it ... the car is already very shiny, altough there is a little cloudiness in the right light, the buffing takes that away. I`m curious of measuring how much SG is being used, but I doubt it very much it is a full oz.

I do use a MF applicator misted 2 or 3 times with Meguiars QD, a thin line of SG across the applicator, I start with the roof, to get the applicator `primed`, and if I get a little hazing in the roof it will be hardly visible, at least for me ;-) then I use 2/3 drops of SG for the upper half of a door or third of the hood ...

Buffing then can be easily done with a dry MF towel.

Temperature has been around 80F and aprox. 40% humidity.

Enjoy!

porterdog
06-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by amgtorre

I`m curious of measuring how much SG is being used, but I doubt it very much it is a full oz.

I`ve mentioned this before, but it`s interesting so I`ll repeat. I wondered about usage also, so I bought some 1 oz dropper bottles. I use less than 1/4 oz to SG my (small!) car (Miata). My GF`s Civi used about the same amount, and my friend Robbin`s BMW used a little more. SG goes such a long way; it`s crazy. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with a quart of the stuff :p

Robert

amgtorre
06-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by porterdog

... SG goes such a long way; it`s crazy. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with a quart of the stuff :p

Robert I hope it has looong shelf life !! Thanks for the info

boywonder
06-04-2002, 11:57 AM
In my case, I followed the instructions of the "master" (Snake). I ordered mine from Tacscar and followed the instructions to the letter on my `94 Maxima and it turned out nicely. :D

I can`t wait to do the Klasse (AIO and SG)/Souveran combo on the `02. :D