PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion on the BEST wax/sealant?

thevolvoguy
06-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Been looking around at different waxes online. I cant choose btwn. Zanio, Souveran, or P21S. Opinions on all three would be greatly appreciated. Longevity is not a key factor. Im looking mainly for initial protection and most importantly... SHINE. Thanks in advance. :)

ALAN81
06-01-2002, 03:16 PM
THERE is no question that ZAINO gives the best shine but if you are a carnuba person(like me) either SOUVERN or P21s will give you a awesome shine that will last about 4-6 weeks how about BLITZ less money and lasts longer but souvern and P21S goes on and off soooooooooooooooooo easy.

MikeLS
06-01-2002, 03:48 PM
As far as initial protection, Zaino can`t be beat by the carnaubas you are comparing it to. Zaino does specifically contain UV blockers while providing months worth of protection on a daily driver. P21S and Souveran, to my knowledge, don`t offer any UV protection and certainly don`t offer months worth of protection. This leaves one very subjective quality to compare....shine, which is all about personal preference. Personally after using carnaubas for years, I do prefer the look of 100% optical clarity that Zaino gives. It`s just a very bright, deep, and clear shine, IMHO and I like it. I have tested the clarity of Zaino against P21S and there was a difference in the clarity of the reflections. However, the P21S and Souveran offer a slightly deeper shine and shimmer due to the high percentage of oils. Frequent applications of either wax will give you a great look and decent protection. Personally if I were going to use either wax on a daily driver, I`d first layer a few coats of a synthetic, like Klasse, for protection, then use the carnauba as the final appearance coat. But, that`s just me...

:wavey

imported_BretFraz
06-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Well, my car currently has Zaino on it but prior to that it`s had Blackfire, Souveran, Blitz, and Finish First. So, a variety of products offering a variety of finishes.

The appearance between all these products is pretty minor and mostly subjective. If I put these products on the same panel of my car and asked folks to tell me whats the shiniest or glossiest, I truly believe very few could tell the difference. Maybe a hard core experienced user but that`s like 1 in a 100,000 people.

My experience with Souveran is that it`ll last a good 2-3 months before serious degradation of shine and slickness. The last full detail I did in November with Blackfire topped with Souveran gave me a full 5 months of protection.

So far Zaino is providing the highest gloss of any of the above products. Finish First is second. If you want the high reflectivity shine then Zaino is the best choice. Some cars with colors that aren`t too bright can use the extra gloss Zaino provides. My car is metallic dark green but not a highly metallic color. The gloss of Zaino helps bring out the metallic a little better than carnauba did, which tends to refract light instead of reflecting it.

Personally, I`d never use Zaino on a black car. I feel it would ruin the depth that only black can offer. Carnuaba all the way on black. On the flip side, Zaino is excellent on white, gray, and silver, all of which have no depth and refract light greatly.

No one can honestly tell you what would look best on you car. Only you can decide that. Best advice I can give is try a few products and see what you like. Eventually you`ll land on a combo you`ll like. Happy waxing!!

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-01-2002, 07:49 PM
Personally, I`d never use Zaino on a black car. I feel it would ruin the depth that only black can offer. Carnuaba all the way on black.

Soooooo true! I waited for the paint to cure. Then I applied Zaino in March. It was very reflective, but that was all. I stripped Zaino off 2 weeks ago and tried Souveran. The car looks awesome, much more depth and gloss with a carnuba.

imported_Blake
06-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Can`t help but agree with the above. I`ve used a great variety of products on Black and I do think the very good carnaubas provide the best depth. If my Black car was a daily driver I might be tempted to use Zaino, Blackfire or Klasse because of their durability. For appearance alone carnauba works very well on Black.

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
with the ease of souveran, I`m tempted to wax every week after I wash my car...lol...I don`t think it even takes more than 30 mins to apply and buff off....

sadly my black car is a daily driver...:wavey

Scottwax
06-02-2002, 12:47 AM
Personally, on red and black cars (or other dark colors) I haven`t seen anything as good as Souveran. Like the others said, the paint seems to shimmer. I have 7 layers of Souveran on my car right now and the paint practically glows in the dark. The other day when I was skating at the local park, a girl in an Accord like mine (4th gen, bordeaux red) parked next to my car. There was no comparison...my paint looked so much deeper and wetter.

I also have used Souveran on several black cars and the depth of the shine is unreal. Application is like wiping warm butter on the paint.

I haven`t used Zainos-I saw a display at the Dallas Autorama and they had a black Viper there. It had a great shine, but didn`t look as wet as a carnuba. However, it was under flourecent lighting, so that may have affected the look.

Paste Glaz looks great on white and silver and it is nearly half the price of Souveran. I am going to try P21S also-it was the top rated wax on thewaxtest.org and others say the shine is comparable to Souveran at about 40% the price.

One thing to remember-paint prep is the real key to a deep shine and flawless surface. In that area, I have found that Meguiars Body Shop Professional line does the best job.