View Full Version : Blackfire and Klasse: Consensus?

Mass. Wine Guy
05-31-2002, 05:21 PM
It`s time for me to do my Golf TDI up right. I used Klasse last Fall and was happy with it, but Blackfire also interests me.

Is it basically the next generation of Klasse? Are there any negatives to it?

Thanks.

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
05-31-2002, 07:09 PM
From what I have read, BF gives an incredible shine like no other but it loses its shine very quickly and attracts dust.

I`ve tried Zaino, Klasse, Souveran, and Meguiars. I`m deciding if I want to try BF or Platinum.

:bounce

Jngrbrdman
05-31-2002, 07:43 PM
There are several pluses and minuses. Do a search in the product review section. There are some great posts in the archive too. The biggest negatives would be that it seems to attract a little more dust than it should and it is also not the most durable if you compare it to Klasse. Check out the archive and you`ll see what I mean. I think it would be an excellent product to use if you are looking for more than Klasse apperance wise. If you are looking for something more durable than Klasse then good luck finding it. Blackfire does look better IMO.

Brad B
05-31-2002, 07:59 PM
In my research there is only one thing more durable and more glossy that Klasse and that is Zaino.

BF and Platinum are "very" similar. Don`t expect the durability you had with Klasse.

I have used Zaino, Klasse, Platinum. Souveran(s), Meguiars(s), EagleOne(s), Blitz, and at least half a dozen others that escape me right now.

BradE
05-31-2002, 08:05 PM
Klasse and Zaino both have great durability, 6 months on average. BlackFire is more of a 2-3 month product, it has oils in it for added shine but this also leads to the dust attraction, loss of slickness quickly and not as durable.

I`m not knocking BlackFire, just realize it won`t give you the same durability as Klasse or Zaino.

imported_JeffBruce
05-31-2002, 08:11 PM
I am curious about BlackFire, i have it and will try it soon.

I like Souvran for my dark color cars, Klasse and Platinum for Silver and light cars. Zaino won`t sell to me...long story...Distributer can`t find my check..yaydaydaya, local dist won;t call me back...yadyaydayd

jeff

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
05-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Jngrbrdman, just curious, is the BF still on the Accord?

I`m thinking of trying BF, even though I just put on Souveran last week. I guess I really want the wet look.

imported_BretFraz
06-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Try BF topped with Souveran. You`ll love the look. I`ve done it and got about 4 months of protection.

The 6 months of protection from Klasse and Zaino is great if that`s all you want a product to do. But if you`re going to detail frequently, the durability is a non-issue.

Jngrbrdman
06-02-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by webviper

Jngrbrdman, just curious, is the BF still on the Accord?

I`m thinking of trying BF, even though I just put on Souveran last week. I guess I really want the wet look.

The Accord still has the BF on it. You can`t tell by beading or anything (because BF sheets) but you sure can tell by the shine. That puppy is great. I waited 2 months before I put another coat on. It was still really good looking. When I put the next coat on I could tell that it looked freshly waxed but I`m sure the BF was still there from the application before. The Accord takes more punishment than the Integra because she doesn`t park under the carport. I`d definatly say that Blackfire will last a good 3 months or loger. It was still doing great after 2.

tlrookie
06-02-2002, 06:51 AM
Can anyone post your experience with Platinum on Silver Car? Also, will it lose its slickness and attract dust like Blackfire?

Jngrbrdman
06-02-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BMW318i

Can anyone post your experience with Platinum on Silver Car? Also, will it lose its slickness and attract dust like Blackfire?

Read Brad`s review in the Product Review section. I don`t know that I would call his Porsche silver but the results would be the same on a car that is.

McMustang
06-02-2002, 04:58 PM
Blackfire: I dunno, never used it.

Klasse: Holy Sh*t, batman! This stuff rules!

Dave N
06-02-2002, 09:22 PM
I had an experience today that I was going to write a seperate post about, but I`ll just add it to this thread instead. Hopefully some BF users will respond.

I have been using Klasse on my truck for the past year. The last application was during a warm spell last February. About 4 weeks ago, I did an ABC wash, 3M SMR, and then BF the back half of my truck (including the topper). Then last week I clayed and put 2 more coats of BF on the back half. The front of the truck still has the Klasse from Feb.

I hadn`t washed in about a week, and there was quite a bit of environmental fallout on my paint. Well, I washed today with a MF mit and when drying I noticed that the horizontal surfaces with the BF still had little specs of crap on them, while the front end horiz. surfaces with the old Klasse came nice and clean.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience with BF? BTW, my truck sits out 24/7. And the BF does attract dust and everything else. I regularly find grass clippings stuck to my BF panels!:p

blackrex
06-03-2002, 02:11 PM
I use BF and noticed the same thing makes me a little worried almost looks like unprotected paint. But it still has a great shine I hope BF is still on there.