PDA

View Full Version : EO A2Z versus P21 wheel cleaner

pancho1984
05-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Test subject: VW alloy rims, front and rear that had not been cleaned for 3 weeks.

Contenders: new A2Z (orange stuff), P21 spray (not gel).

I`m running low on P21 and came across the A2Z which has received favorable reviews here for under $4 at Walmart. So I thought I`d do a side by side comparison.

Used one product on each side, using same technique of spraying on, waiting for 30 seconds, then washing off with a forceful water nozzle.

Overall Winner: A2Z

Comments: on newer Passats, the front wheels have better pads that produce less dust, the rear wheels quickly turn black after a week. The A2Z literally was a spay-on, spray-off operation on the front wheels, no scrubbing required. Neither products completely removed the thicker dust on the rear wheels but A2Z did removed about 50% more.

The A2Z bottle states that it can be used as a tire cleaner as well. I did not spray the entire wheel but overspay and runoff did leave "blacker" patches on the tire. I do not detail my tires so I didn`t really care but someone who does will either want to be carefull where the A2Z goes or make sure they get the entire tire.

anyways, my 2 cents.

Jngrbrdman
05-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Thanks for that objective review. :xyxthumbs I`ve wondered how those two would match up. I use the A to Z myself and have really liked it. Its done better than anything else I`ve used so I`ve been looking forward to seeing how it has compared to products I haven`t used. Well done. :)

imported_seres
05-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the review! I just bought some A2Z at Walmart yesterday but haven`t used it yet -- gonna have to run outside & try it out now!! :bounce

rstype
05-31-2002, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the excellent review! The new, orange A2Z is one of my favorite wheel cleaners. It`s strong, but doesn`t smell bad at all. :up

Finishing Touch
06-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Good review mozhna. I just bought some am glad to hear that it works ok.

DoorMan :)

Chuckmotor
06-04-2002, 02:15 PM
The new A2Z is excellent and it works very well on the tires. The only thing is, it seems to run out quickly.

Jngrbrdman
06-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Chuckmotor

The new A2Z is excellent and it works very well on the tires. The only thing is, it seems to run out quickly.

Amen to that one. I go through a bottle every 5 or 6 weeks. Its expensive stuff to go through it that quick. I need to stop using it on other peoples` cars and just use simple green or something. I`m saving the good stuff for my own wheels. :D 2 more weeks and they`ll be here!!