PDA

View Full Version : gold class

Steve
05-30-2002, 09:57 PM
i have used meguiar`s gold class liquid wax for about 6months now. but i haven`t waxed much. the winter is cold around here. anyways, i got a new black ranger. is gold class a good wax? i`ve heard different things about it. i also just found out, from this forum, that it`s a cleaner wax. never knew that. anyways, i was just wondering about the wax. also, which direction do i wax. i`ve been going front to back for everything. is this right? i recently heard something about up and down on the sides to improve the shine. another question, does this wax layer well? if so, how long do i wait between layers? can i do an overnighter type thing to make sure the first coat has hardened? thanks for the advice you guys are gonna give me. i really wanna keep this truck looking sharp.

C. Charles Hahn
05-30-2002, 10:00 PM
the up and down on the sides really only works for Zaino products.

Gold Class is good wax, but if you don`t wax much, its not the stuff for you. Its durability factor is crap. Loaded with silicones that keeps the durability down. I would go with One Grand Blitz Paste Wax personally if I were going for a carnauba. A better-than Gold Class shine, and greatly improved durability over the latter. :up Good Luck, sounds like a nice truck!

laynlow
05-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Also, you cannot layer Gold Class. Because it is a cleaner wax, each time you re-apply the cleaner portion is going to remove the wax left behind from the previous application.

Steve
05-30-2002, 10:05 PM
thanks. i think the only time that time would be a factor now is during the winter. need something really durable then. but i think i`ll use up the gold class before i buy something new. bout how long would the One Blitz last when the truck`s outside 24/7? gosh i wish we had a garage.

branson

Steve
05-30-2002, 10:09 PM
thanks laynlow. wish i had known that on my other car. lol. would`ve saved my arm.

chevyguy28
05-31-2002, 12:05 AM
If winter durability is what you want, try using the synthetics (Klasse, Blackfire, Zaino, Platinum, etc). My guess is that Blitz will last 90 days in ideal conditions, but with the car oustide for the entire winter, it depends on the weather. If you can get another application in somewhere during the winter, you should be able to get it through the worst months. If you get Blitz, just continue to layer it maybe once a month and by winter you should be good to go.