PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One - What happened?

jkochis
05-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the shelves have less and less Eagle One products these days? It`s not that they are sold out, there`s just no shelf space for them. At best you see 3 products, all wheel/tire related. Seems down here in the Southeast that Meguiars, and Armor All are dominating the shelves.

That`s a shame since I think personally that Eagle One makes some pretty good stuff.

ALAN81
05-30-2002, 07:55 PM
I really like eagle one.......................................I put cleanerwax on my beater and it really did a nice job!

imported_BretFraz
05-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Hmmmm...... can`t say I agree but I don`t pay super-close attention to their market share.

Seems like E1 is in the process of introducing several new products. Typically when that happens, most of the marketing $$ goes towards the product launch. Course, that takes away from promotion of other products.

I`ve seen several E1 products on shelves lately; new A2Z, new Wash as U Dry, aluminum wash, the Wet product line is represented well.

It might also be that the competition is upping their marketing $$ to get primo shelf space and end caps. Also I`ve seen numerous floor standing merch displays for other brands which have got to cost beaucoup $$. Paying for shelf space is one thing - paying for floor space is another.

So, it`s prolly several business factors at work. Personally, if I worked for the competition and knew E1 was introducing new products, I`d spend a ton of $$ to blunt the positive effects of the intros. Consumers are *heavily* influenced by advertising of car care products. Anything you can do to defelect attention to your brand and away from your competition is critical.

Of course, this is all speculation by me.:D

BradE
05-30-2002, 08:00 PM
I see a lot of Eagle One products here in Cincinnati. Most of the local stores stock the leather conditioner and cleaner, various wheel cleaners, the "wet" tire gel and car wash, Wet Wipe & Shine, the mag polish and of course the old favorite Nevr-Dull.

I do like a lot of the Eagle One products, cheap but yet good quality. I was very disappointed to see them quit make the Concours Tire Shine, I really liked that product. Good thing I stocked up. :)

Perhaps it`s just a regional thing? I know in Cincy that you can`t find a 100% cotton wash mitt if your life depended on it.

MikeLS
05-30-2002, 08:03 PM
Your guess is as good as mine about E1. It`s the same way around here too. I`ve been to nearly every major (and minor) parts store nearby just to browse the selections, and none of them carried the decent E1 products. In fact, all I`ve ever seen is their $4 QD, and the WET Polish/Wax liquid. However, their new "Wax as you Dry" or whatever it`s called, is on shelves, but that`s no substitute for the pure carnauba wax. Heck, I can`t even find the highly touted E1 cleaner/wax to use on quick beater jobs. I`d at least like to compare that against Meguiar`s C/W....oh well....their loss...

I do see a lot of their wheel products, but I could care less about those...but, maybe that`s what`s making them the most money and that`s why that`s all you see on shelves. I really don`t know, but it doesn`t make sense to me either if they wanna compete with the other big timers.... ;)

jkochis
05-30-2002, 08:07 PM
I`ve been trying to find the "Protectant?" that supposedly replaced the Satin Concours. I remember seeing it in a couple of places about 6 months ago. Started looking lately, and noticed less and less E1, and no Protectant.

ALAN81
05-30-2002, 08:09 PM
I bought the wet polish from Eagle at a closing K mart (4 bucks) and its a real good product. everything on the shelves around here is Wet, A-Z wheel cleaner but thats about it that i`ve seen

smfrycruzr
05-30-2002, 08:28 PM
ditto the WET P&W for $4....i bought 4 of `em...awesome stuff, I recently bought some of their QD and WET wash too! They aren`t going anywhere at all...infact their wash has a coupon leaflet on it...I like all their stuff except that carnauba cleaner wax(yellow print) because it only lasted like two washes on my old 2001 Sentra. WET line is where it`s at!

VettePilot
05-31-2002, 12:36 PM
We are still around and not going anywhere. It seems to be a mostly regional thing. While some areas have seen less products of ours (to tell you the truth I am trying to figure this out myself) and other areas are now seeing much more of our products. There is alot that determines what goes into stores and how much and I like to stay out of that stuff, not my gig.

ALAN81
05-31-2002, 01:13 PM
im GLAD for some reason I like EAGLE ONE products!