PDA

View Full Version : Restoring softness to leather?

riotejas
05-30-2002, 05:22 PM
I`ve got leather seats from a 1997 Volkswagen and the leather seems "hard". All the leather in mk3 VWs seem to have a stiffness that I just don`t like. I`m wondering if there is a way to soften them up or is it just the way it is?

I was thinking to try connolly hide food, lexol or leatherique. The latter being an expensive test if softening up the leather isn`t even possible.

Additionally, I would say the leather has been neglected. Barely any creases in the leather and they seem clean.

Edit: I believe the leather has a "top coat", so in my research in the forum archives, I`ve seen ppl just recommend 303 to block UV. I`m wondering if it`s even possible to make my seats softer if they have a top coat? I`m leaning towards either Eagle One, Pinnacle or Lexol.

C. Charles Hahn
05-30-2002, 05:28 PM
try the connoly or leatherique. I`ve heard that the best "softening" results come from the leatherique, but I wouldnt know as I only use Lexol and Zaino Z-10 on mine.

ChevyLovers
06-03-2002, 12:59 PM
where can i get this leatherique???

i have a 2k1 maxima, and the leather just isn`t like the european leather. i thought i just had to live with it, but if something can be done, i`ll try it out.

BradE
06-03-2002, 01:01 PM
www.leatherique.com :up

imported_Dude
06-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Leatherique is very impressive stuff. Showroom recommended it to me, and I tried it on my wife`s car. I was very impressed.

ChevyLovers
06-03-2002, 09:51 PM
thanks lincoln.