PDA

View Full Version : hose nozzle

Taxlady
05-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Me again with the stupid questions. I will be washing my car in a parking garage. There is no nozzel on the hose. I know I want to rinse with no nozzle. Is there a good reason to use a nozzle for any part of the washing/rinsing? Should I buy a nozzle before I get started?

laynlow
05-30-2002, 04:34 PM
You want to first wet each section of the car with a jet of water to blow off any loose dirt. Then, after soaping the section, use a shower or stream of water to carry away the dirt and soap. Continue alternating this process for each section of the car.

If you like, just pick up one of those $5.00 jobs with the turret on the end. They have all the settings you will need.

imported_killerjg
05-30-2002, 10:18 PM
To save water vice turning it on/off or letting it run.:nixweiss

TortoiseAWD
05-31-2002, 07:05 AM
You can buy a shut-off valve ($3, WalMart) that attaches to the end of your hose. Turn it on, and you have a stream of water; off, you get nothing. I`ve found I really don`t need a sprayer when I wash, just a convenient way to stop the flow so I`m not wasting any water.

Tort

Scott P
05-31-2002, 08:16 AM
Napa sells a really good hoze nozzle that serves the same function as the shut off valve. It is a rubber nozzle that you bend to turn the water on. The water runs out just like the end of a hose. If you need a pressure stream, you just cover part of the opening with your finger. It`s the best thing for washing or rinsing a car. No wasted water and no mist over the freshly cleaned car you`re parked next to.

I don`t know the part number, but it was part of thier tool line. It`s not cheap at abut $20, but the thing will last forever. The one we have at my folk`s house is probably 15 years old.