PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Meguiar`s Soft Buff PC Pads??

C. Charles Hahn
05-30-2002, 03:32 PM
whats your process?? I tried doing it by hand with warm/hot water in the sink with some dawn...... but it didn`t clean them well.

In the past I had just thrown out a pad when it got dirty and replaced...... but I decided its just too expensive to keep replacing them that much. So how do you guys clean yours to make them "like new" again??

Michael H
05-30-2002, 03:59 PM
I have used 2 methods:

1. wash them in the washing machine, cleans well but can lead to the velcro backing opad coming off.

2. Soak in a shallow dish (so backing pad does not get very wet) for a fewl hours then rinse under tap. Dawn in the dish with water will do the trick.

laynlow
05-30-2002, 04:19 PM
I fill a sink with warm water and dawn. Stick the pads in and squeeze em` till the water is saturated with the product. Repeat until the pads are clean. This has been very effective for me.

imported_JeffBruce
05-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Several methods..

1. Soak in bucket water with a little dawn. Let soak.

Put into a second bucket of water .

If water and pads look clean squezzzz water and air dry for 2 day days or until completely dry, if still dirty use another bucket of clean water..

Sometimes they feel and look dry...but....be sure!!!

2. Rinse in your sink till they are clean. Squezzzz water and air dry

3. There is a "Spur" they cms sells, spin the rotary with pad on it and use spur......

jeff

2k2blackWRX
05-31-2002, 12:54 AM
As SOON as i am done using the pad it goes right into a rinse bucket then it sits there for about 30 mins then i go squeeze everything out of it and put it in the PC spin it at 6 to dry and air it out.

Works for me

Bryan

Rokkz
05-31-2002, 03:02 AM
I find foam pads used for polish, wash-up quite easy by soaking them in Dawn for 1 hour plus.

On the other hand pads used for waxing, need to be soaked for

3 hours plus in warm to hot water with some Dawn of course. The longer the better as you’ll find the left over wax residue will disperse as easy as water!

Cheers