PDA

View Full Version : New Applicator for Dressings

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Intermezzo
05-30-2002, 03:13 PM
There were a few threads in the past looking for better alternatives to the E1 Tire Swipes and the one from TOL to apply tire dressings. Below is the link to the one made my One Grand:

One Grand Pro Applyer (http://www.onegrand.com/ogpaccessproapp.html)

It doesn`t look like it would make applying tire dressing any faster than E1 and TOL`s, but it certainly looks like it would waste less product and keep your hands product-free.

laynlow
05-30-2002, 03:16 PM
That`s just a dishwashing scrubber! I wonder if you could buy one cheeper at the grocery store?:confused:

Lemonxxs
05-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Good idea LAYNLOW:xyxthumbs

imported_BretFraz
05-30-2002, 06:02 PM
LAYNLOW is exactly right. I used one of those years ago. Didn`t care for it. Pad isn`t very big and it leaks protectant. It`s not contoured to the tire shape.

I can`t imagine anyone coming out with a better tool than the E1 Tire Swipe. But I like to see Intermezzo and others looking around for cool tools. Who knows what else is out there?

Pats300zx
05-30-2002, 06:05 PM
I got a nice tire app brush/foam pad. Its made by Detailers Choice and has a rubber handle. Pics have been posted before on the forum. You can`t beat the price. I only paid $3.99 for it.

C. Charles Hahn
05-30-2002, 06:08 PM
yep. I know one thing for sure, if they ever discontinue the E1 swipes, I will be rushing out to my autozone to buy out the stock. :up

Sirslap2
05-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

That`s just a dishwashing scrubber! I wonder if you could buy one cheeper at the grocery store?:confused:

Not quite - you fill the handle up with liquid.

I think Eagle One makes one as well.

laynlow
05-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Deemo

Not quite - you fill the handle up with liquid.

Yeah, just like the dishwashing scrubbers at the grocery store!

jerry@robs
05-31-2002, 03:16 AM
looks pretty generic to me...

i have 2 of those at home for pots and pan cleaning...

Lenny
05-31-2002, 09:54 PM
Here`s the best tire dressing applicator I found, at a local Detroit auto parts store (Murray`s Auto Parts). It`s got the Detailers Choice brand name, from Clean-Rite Products. I`ll post a detailed review later this weekend. It`s excellent -ergonomic handle, takes care of truck (SUV) tires easily, works with Endurance really well.

C. Charles Hahn
05-31-2002, 10:01 PM
Len: That looks kinda cool...... maybe I`ll have to stop by my local Murray`s and see if they carry them..... (I`m up here in Lansing)

rstype
05-31-2002, 10:06 PM
I`m a big fan of foam paintbrushes. They`re cheap but still very convenient for applying dressings to tires. I just dip a clean one into a bottle of 303, "wring" it out a bit, and spread on an even coat.

:up

Eagle One Tire Swipes are cool too!

Sirslap2
05-31-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Len_A

Here`s the best tire dressing applicator I found, at a local Detroit auto parts store (Murray`s Auto Parts). It`s got the Detailers Choice brand name, from Clean-Rite Products. I`ll post a detailed review later this weekend. It`s excellent -ergonomic handle, takes care of truck (SUV) tires easily, works with Endurance really well.

Nah......come on.....now that looks like a pot scrubber:D

You guys are spending too much time in the grocery store.

That`s what a wife is for.

Lenny
05-31-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr

Len: That looks kinda cool...... maybe I`ll have to stop by my local Murray`s and see if they carry them..... (I`m up here in Lansing)

They should have it. I`ve seen them in three of my local stores. Here`s a somewhat blurry shot of it with the lable.

NogaroS4Buffer
06-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Deemo

You guys are spending too much time in the grocery store.

That`s what a wife is for.

You better duck for cover on that one:D