PDA

View Full Version : In a detailer`s hell.....

Pages : [1] 2

C. Charles Hahn
05-29-2002, 05:22 PM
today I had to transport some high school band students who we (my jazz band) were plaing a gig with (it was some special honors program - I was voted as the transporter with my blazer)

so these kids get into my car, and I had already laid out the ground rules.

Whats the first thing they all do?? they get in, the ones in the backseat putting their sandal-wearing feet on the backs of my front seat leather..... lower the windows and stick their arms out, and "chill" refusing to put on seatbelts.

The one girl in the frontseat (yea, it was a carfull of girls) put her feet (atleast - maybe its a good thing that she dropped her sandals off on the floormat) (bare feet) ON THE DASH!! with her toes ON THE WINDSHIELD!! she also would not quit messing with the stereo, the A/C, and would not put on a seatbelt.

None of these girls have a driver`s liscense, let alone anything else - thus they really dont care about or appreciate vehicles that are clean and detailed.

All of the girls had bottles of pop (which I told them to dispose of before entering the vehicle) and candy with them.

I finally was able to get the girls to sit properly in the seats, all bodily appendages inside the cabin, with the windows closed, stereo and A/C set the way I want them, and all wearing seatbelts. They all got rid of their pop bottles by handing them to me and I disposed of them in a trash can..... the candy they said they were going to put in their pockets (although I see I have 3 candywrappers in my backseat area still to clean out..... grr....)

So to add on top of that, its been raining here today. When we got to the destination we were travelling to, I was pulling into the parking lot, and didn`t notice a HUGE puddle at the entrance..... ran right thru it at about 25 MPH - the outside`s a mess now.

So lets recap: I have smudges on the windshield (not to mention foot fungus), arm-marks on the trim of the windows, shoeprints on my leather seats, foot fungus on the dashboard, a crud-covered exterior, candy wrappers in the backseat, messed up A/C and radio settings (still haven`t got them back to the right settings), and hurt pride in my clean vehicle until I re-clean it.

I think this reaction I had is about appropriate: :scared :nono

laynlow
05-29-2002, 06:51 PM
You were transporting a car full of high school girls, and all you were thinking of was the toe prints on the windshield? Boy, I have to say, in that situation, I could possibly break a few rules! :D

Kidding of course!

oorc51
05-29-2002, 07:16 PM
Wow...good thing my car is two door, and pretty much a two seater (Anyone with an Integra knows that they don`t like more than 2 people in the car). :D

Well, it looks like you`ll be busy for the day. :scared

Sirslap2
05-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

You were transporting a car full of high school girls, and all you were thinking of was the toe prints on the windshield? Boy, I have to say, in that situation, I could possibly break a few rules! :D

Kidding of course!

16 will get you 20.

You are one sick puppy - only in Oklahoma...isn`t that close to Arkansas?

Just kidding as well of course.:cool:

JasonC8301
05-29-2002, 07:32 PM
This one time at Jazz band camp, I stuck a...well you know, a pick in the guitar. hahahahahaha!

Most of the females in the jazz band are too guy like.

I would of raised hell, stopped the Blazer and kicked them to the curb. :p

Jason

laynlow
05-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Actually in Oklahoma, 16 is the legal age of consent. I`ll take mine in there twenties though, thanks.

I went on a ride-a-long with a Tulsa police officer one time, and we had a domestic call to take. We get out to this house and the whole time we are there the girl keeps saying, "we`ve had sex and I am only sixteen." Finally, the officer I was with said, "you know in Oklahoma sixteen is legal, right?" She was dumbfounded.

rstype
05-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Hawaii is 14... :scared :eek:

C. Charles Hahn
05-29-2002, 08:17 PM
hey wait a minute....... how did my thread about a short-order dirt nightmare digress into a discussion of the legal sex age in different states?? :nixweiss

:wavey

Lenny
05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr

hey wait a minute....... how did my thread about a short-order dirt nightmare digress into a discussion of the legal sex age in different states?? :nixweiss

I don`t know, SLPCar Luvr....maybe the news of our 14 year old West Bloomfield freshman made the national news, and they all got jailbait-on-the-brain? :nixweiss

C. Charles Hahn
05-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Len_A

I don`t know, SLPCar Luvr....maybe the news of our 14 year old West Bloomfield freshman made the national news, and they all got jailbait-on-the-brain? :nixweiss

huh?? how come I didnt even know about that and I`m here in Lansing?? :confused:

oh well...... I`m still LOL at the responses....

laynlow
05-29-2002, 08:55 PM
It started cause I couldn`t resist giving him a jab about his priorities! ;)

C. Charles Hahn
05-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

It started cause I couldn`t resist giving him a jab about his priorities! ;)

just being a true autopian! :p

rstype
05-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Because he did! ;) :p

jrush
05-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BW

Hawaii is 14... :scared :eek:

That`s it. I`m moving to Maui.

JonB
05-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BW

Hawaii is 14...

Thats crazy!!! I mean 15 is the absolute line that I draw, that is unless she is younger and really looks 15...... :sosad

H :shocked