PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z6 incompatible with Z3?

31st330i
05-29-2002, 12:38 AM
I Dawn`d, clayed, Dawn`d and polished my new (1993) miata and then applied 3 coats of Z3 (one ounce total of Z3).

I`ve used Z6 successfuly before (I know to use it very sparingly) on my BMW and on the "Urushi finish" of my wide screen TV but when applying it to the miata, it streaked horribly. I used one light spray per 1x1 section just like the directions say to. I even tried just a tiny spritz and wiped it up immediatly with a different, dry towel. what gives?

is it coinsidence that none of the "how tos" or "FAQs" on the Zaino web site say to use Z6 after Z3? it`s only specifically stated that Z6 should be applied after Z2 or Z5.

Lemonxxs
05-29-2002, 07:16 AM
Send Zaino an e-mail....

31st330i
05-29-2002, 10:31 AM
I`ll give them a call since their email address is no longer published on the web site.

edit: silly me... I just found their email. it`s only listed on the main web page.

Lemonxxs
05-29-2002, 11:21 AM
Please post what they say so the rest will know!:xyxthumbs

31st330i
05-30-2002, 01:30 PM
well, I received an email reply back from Sal and aside from pasting into the email what is already on the label of the Z6 bottle and on their web site, he said that Z6 could be diluted with distilled water up to 1:1 (50%). I`ll try that.

like I mentioned, I know to use it sparingly and have used it successfully a few times already. that is why I was confused about this.

oh, and he also said that Z6 is fully compatible with Z2, Z3 and Z5.

dlw
05-31-2002, 07:23 PM
I use Z-6 over Z-3 all the time. Z-3 is the same as Z-2 except Z-3 has anti-oxidizers for non-clear coat paint. Z-2 or Z-2 can be used interchangabley with no problem. I use the Z-3 on my clear coated cars simply because I have several bottle os Z-3 left over from when I was a Zaino distributor. I also have a streaking problem on my son`s black Prelude hood after using Z-6. I use my PC with a microfiber bonnet to get rid of the streaks completely. It did help when I diluted the Z-6 with water, although I didn`t feel that the 50/50 mix worked really well in general use, so I went to 75% Z-6 with 25% water and it seems to work much better in general use.