PDA

View Full Version : keeping MF towels plush

Blackmirror
05-28-2002, 09:30 PM
currently i use Dawn to handwash the towels and let air dry. When they are completely dry its not as plush as when i got them through the mail. Could the detergent you use affect how plush the towel will be when it dries? Maybe I shouldn`t use Dawn. What detergent do you guys use and at what setting on the washing machine?

imported_capspackle
05-28-2002, 09:55 PM
I think most people here, including myself, use Tide Free to clean the MF towels. It`s free of perfumes and dyes.

I pre soak them into Tide Free, and then place them in washer to rinse, put in dryer 15 mins, and then let air dry the rest.. Havent lost plushness yet

Lemonxxs
05-29-2002, 07:14 AM
Throw them in a clean dryer and let themdryin there. They are much plusher than air dry.

imported_seres
05-29-2002, 07:41 AM
I agree with GuessMyName -- anytime you air dry any cloth it comes out much stiffer. Just throw them in the clean dryer a few minutes and they`ll be fluffy again. :up

~V4M~

amgtorre
05-29-2002, 04:48 PM
I found that rinsing Dawn of the MF takes a lot of water, and air drying do makes them less plush. A milder soap and machine dry does indeed help to keep them like new.

Blackmirror
05-29-2002, 07:19 PM
thanks for the tips guys. I`ll try some Tide Free in the washing machine and put it in the dryer for 15 minutes. What settings do you like to use for the dryer?

porterdog
05-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by amgtorre

I found that rinsing Dawn of the MF takes a lot of water

No doubt. I use way less than the recommended amount of Tide Free (TF? ;) ) and even on the final rinse of the 3rd wash cycle (soap only used for first cycle) I get slightly foamy rinse water. Crazyness. That by itself probably justifies having more MF towels.

r

Lemonxxs
05-30-2002, 09:57 AM
I set the dryer on regular....but gentle or the knit setting would work too.