PDA

View Full Version : tiny blackheads

NattyBumppo
05-28-2002, 01:12 PM
On the hood of my bright red truck I`ve noticed two or three tiny spots that look like minute blackheads. I`ve clayed and polished a couple of times already and never noticed them before. They seem to be in the paint and thus do not come off with the clay bar.

What are these things and what causes them? Lastly, how does one get rid of them?:nixweiss

imported_killerjg
05-28-2002, 03:51 PM
I have had similar spots that are small pieces of tar. Can you feel them? If claying didn`t work, maybe Stoner`s Tarminator may, providing it feels like they are on the surface.

Lemonxxs
05-28-2002, 04:08 PM
What color paint?

Have a pic?

Can you feel them with your hand in a plastic baggy?

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Did you park your vehicle anywhere near where someone was painting something? I could be overspray from a black paint job or something. :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Question

Originally posted by Guess My Name

What color paint?

Answer

Originally posted by NattyBumppo

On the hood of my bright red truck...

:p :xyxthumbs

NattyBumppo
05-28-2002, 06:55 PM
OK, here goes.

Definitely not overspray. I had a white Mazda years ago that got doused with overspray from a bridge painting job and this doesn`t look or feel anything like it. I also had overspray on a pickup cap that the clay bar was able to remove.

Not tar. I tried B&T remover with no luck.

They can absolutely be felt by just just rubbing a bare finger over the spot.

They feel and look as though they`ve raised up from under the paint to form this tiny, blackhead like zit. My wife thinks I`m nuts to let it bother me because you have to be right up on top of the spot to see it (obviously she`s not an Autopian). Even though I`ve only spotted three they are making me crazy. Could they be some sort of paint defect that is going to get progressively worse? The truck is only 7 months old and I`ve pampered the finish.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I`ll try to get a pic up if possible.

samiam513
05-28-2002, 08:56 PM
I have the same thing. Noone ahs ever been able to solve this problem. Did you ever have that panel of the car re-painted? I did and these poped up. They are deff on the surface.

NattyBumppo
05-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Not unless it was repainted before I picked it up at the dealer? I purchased the truck new last October. This may sound like a joke but is it worth bringing to the dealer to have their body shop manager take a look? :nixweiss

samiam513
05-29-2002, 08:16 PM
if under warrenty I would. The apint is failing or somthing. I have trired over 20 products trring to take mine off. Nothing does it.