PDA

View Full Version : My new wheel caps came in today..Not happy...

Redcar GUY
05-28-2002, 12:15 PM
I got the wheels in last week on Wednesday so I have been driving with the red bowtie caps since my new SS caps where not here yet. Well they came today I went right out and started to put them on, Had the car all jacked up, 3 of them on (they look wayyyy better than the bowties) then I got to the last one took it out of the package and found this.............

I have tried to call SLP but they must be on lunch? I hope that they can just ship me one new one.. It is going to be a pain to take them all back off, send them back, wait 2 weeks then jack the car back up, put them back on..............Grrrrr what a great way to start the week:argue

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2002, 12:17 PM
That sucks dude. I hate it when you pay for perfection and then you get "used" quality. If you wanted messed up caps then you would have shopped on eBay. They need to fix that and give you a car to make up for it. :D Hey, you don`t get anything if you don`t ask for it.

laynlow
05-28-2002, 12:18 PM
That`s no good! I just washed the blazer yesterday, and got up to the sounds of rumbling thunder. Oh well...

Good luck getting a replacement.

:nixweiss

Redcar GUY
05-28-2002, 01:03 PM
well just got off the phone with SLP NJ, the new cap is on the way, no Questions asked:) And this is why I keep buying from SLP:)

MicroRacer
05-28-2002, 02:01 PM
Hey Bro, it can always be worse! I bent one of my `95 COBRA R rims in a wreck. When I went to order a new one, FORD has changed the rims. not drasticly, but enough. "SUCKS" The inside of the rim is differant and there is no forged letters around the valve stem. And get this...if you dammage a "R center cap, you have to show FORD proof that you own authenic COBRA Rs. before you can purchase a new cap.

Glad your cap is on the way!:up

Redcar GUY
05-28-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by X-MAN

FORD proof that you own authenic COBRA Rs. before you can purchase a new cap.

Glad your cap is on the way!:up

That is the same way it is at SLP with Camaro SS and firehawk items............... you have to give them our VIN and they check to make sure you have a REAL ss before they sell you the SS Stuf

MicroRacer
05-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Ya know.....I guess thats sorta cool in a way because there are alot of %#*^ out there sticking SS badges on their Camaro`s and fender snakes on their GT`s. Oh well.......they have to open the hood someday, right?:D

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by X-MAN

Ya know.....I guess thats sorta cool in a way because there are alot of %#*^ out there sticking SS badges on their Camaro`s and fender snakes on their GT`s. Oh well.......they have to open the hood someday, right?:D

They do that on Imports too. I saw one of the very rare 1997 Honda Civic SiR sedans the other day. They had custom brake drums on the rear wheels and a high quality `Pepsi can with a straw sticking out of it` exhaust. :rolleyes: They didn`t even make the Si in 97 and certianly not the SIR (that`s an SI in Canada). I liked the fact that it was obviously like an LX or something (No Si was ever a sedan and they have 4 wheel disc brakes) but they still had the balls to sticker it with the 99 SiR badge and the VTEC sticker for the side. Some people.....

I have to admit though, back when I had my last Mustang I really wanted to put a Cobra front bumper on it. The pre 99 (when Mustang lost its mind) Cobra body kit is soooooooo extreemly sexy. I love that car. Someday........

MicroRacer
05-30-2002, 03:37 PM
Dawg,

You really know your Civics! As far as the `99s, thee`ll grow on you. They just hav`nt grown on me yet!:D

Seriously...I`m just a 5.0 man.:cool:

PEACE

C. Charles Hahn
05-30-2002, 03:41 PM
yeah SLP seems decent in most ways, with the exception of some aspects (like the idiots on its message forum from which I was banned "for flaming")