PDA

View Full Version : Does Klasse shine fade over time?

shaf
05-26-2002, 08:00 PM
I was talking to TortoiseAWD recently and he told me about how Liquid Glass has a slight reduction in shine after several weeks. I was wondering if Klasse does something similar. I searched and read, but couldn`t really find a concrete answer. I know Klasse gives awesome protection for a very long time, but how long does the shine last?

Do your Klasse layers stay just about as glossy at 6 months as they are at day 1, or are they only at 60, 75, 85%, etc?

Or put it another way, at what point does Klasse gloss start to fade or degrade?

thecarguyGP97
05-26-2002, 08:22 PM
I gave my car the Klasse treatment, 1xAIO and 4xSG about 1 month ago and it still looks like the day after i finished! The shine hasn`t faded yet!:D

Jngrbrdman
05-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I`ve never seen it fade. Of course, I`ve never been able to keep extra layers of SG off of it long enough to see if it would fade. I do know that after 3 months of no treatments at all it was just as glossy and shiney as it was after the last application. I would imagine that as Klasse breaks down after 5 or 6 months there will be a loss in gloss but that is true with everything. Even you paint is subject to that rule. If you wait for anything to just wear off then you are going to watch it lose shine and gloss. Just stay on top of it and you won`t have that problem. :xyxthumbs

JasonC8301
05-26-2002, 09:02 PM
The shine will be there until the next time you do a spring cleaning of the car. I got to use Zaino with ZFX on a ML320 today, and to give me my carnauba fix, Black garage queen E430 4 matic, black, PPCL with PC and foam cutting pad, then Souveran. I have another Souveran believer :) He is going to order the Pinnacle kit soon (used to be a Zymol cleaner/wax user.)

I got to see the Camry which I did last July, and a Corolla which was last done in June or so. Everyone commented on the shine. I was amazed at the durability of the Klasse. The shine from 5 feet was clearly there. The two cars did have a coat of dirt on it from the last touchless wash (hey had to get all the winter salt off.)

The Camry will recieve a wash and wax tomorrow, the Corolla will be given a full treatment in June.

Anyhoq, back to topic. the shine on the two cars (camry and Corolla) is there. I am sure there is still Klasse on the car protecting it.

The shine just keeps on lasting and lasting.

shaf
05-26-2002, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I guess I`ll be having a harder look at Klasse over LG... I just need reasons to justify the extra cost of Klasse since it`s over twice as much to get in

<<--------------- :D

But it does seem K is a lot better, as I`ve heard. I wanted something with good shine, layerability, and durability for the winter. In the summer I`d be topping it with S100 (P21S) every 2 weeks or so I wanted a good base that would stay glossy to start with.

Any more input would be more than welcome! :)