PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Tree Sap Divots

Desertfox66
05-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Hello All,

I am detailing a friend’s minivan and it was covered with tree sap. I clayed the entire van to remove the surface contaminants; however, the pits remain where the tree sap baked into the finish. I have already tried wet-sanding with only marginal success. My question now is: what would be the best product to use to minimize the appearance of the imperfections?

Any and all help is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

DesertFox

C. Charles Hahn
05-25-2002, 08:10 PM
are the divots discolored at all?? if not, what I would do is try some FI-II, SMR, then glaze the h#ll out of the paint, top with carnauba. It may fill in the divots, but if even wetsanding doesn`t help, it may need a repaint for sufficient help.

Desertfox66
05-25-2002, 08:15 PM
I have wetsanded already followed by FI 2 then Meg #9 vers 2.0

It was an improvement, but nothing will take the pits away, too deep. Repainting is not an option for my friend, he just wants me to do my best, but I have already warned him that without a new paint job my best will only be marginal. Just wondered what the best "filler" type product was.

C. Charles Hahn
05-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DesertFox

Just wondered what the best "filler" type product was.

in that case my best guess is a glaze type product such as Meguiar`s #7...... followed by at least 2 coats of #26 wax.

it may take several coats of glaze to do the job but it could work....

Desertfox66
05-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks SLPCar Luvr. I have some #7, so I`ll make a few passes with it tomorrow.