PDA

View Full Version : Autopia Withdrawal

Detailing NY
05-24-2002, 03:30 PM
Well got rid of the virus someone sent me. It really sucked.

No computer for a few days was not that bad, but no autopia was driving me nuts!!!!!!

I am back and virus free.

imported_capspackle
05-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Welcome back Brian.. Glad to hear that everything is in order again.. Damn near got infected too cause of you. Don`t know how, but got an e-mail from you, which was infected with a virus.. THANK GOD for anti-virus program..

Anyways.. good to have you back.:bounce

Sascha

NogaroS4Buffer
05-24-2002, 03:52 PM
That reminds me to update my virus definitions.:eek:. What type of virus did you get?

Detailing NY
05-24-2002, 04:34 PM
I am not mentioning anyone`s name but i got the virus from someone on autopia. What must have happened is they got it, it then went through his email address book and sent it to me. It is not that persons fault. We all need to just get better protection.

Blackmirror
05-25-2002, 09:27 AM
IF you`re looking for anti virus protection, I recommend Norton Antivirus 2002. Well I got the norton systemworks software and it comes with norton antivirus 2002. Love it and have had no problems with it:D

imported_BretFraz
05-25-2002, 11:32 AM
Norton ownz all. Almost always ranked #1 by the folks at Computer Shopper and PC Magazine. Actually, the June 11 issue of PC mag tested 10 antivirus` and NAV 2002 came out #1 again.

You should also get a program to detect and clean Trojan Horse`s. These are different from viruses in that they look like normal programs (like a screensaver) but are actually code that allows hackers full access to your computer. The best two ranked by PC mag were Pest Patrol and Tauscan 1.6. Check out www.safersite.com and www.agnitum.com for downloads.

And if you aint using a firewall like Zone Alarm, you`re asking for real trouble. Especially since basic ZA is free.

buldog
05-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Here`s one I found that scans online. It automatically updates the new virus`s and you can select to scan any drive or just a file.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

2k2blackWRX
05-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Heh, I guess im lucky or im just smart.

Ive had my computer for 3 years and had very little problems with viruses. Although I can almost always rid the virus myself withotu an antivirus program, there have been times where I have had to reformt but nothing was really lost that i couldnt back up.

Well if anyone has any virus probs ask me and ill try to help.

B

Detailing NY
05-27-2002, 07:21 PM
I have 2002 norton just forgot to do the live update and got the virus. well that taught me a lesson

NYD