PDA

View Full Version : How long will Souveran last if I.......

RCK
05-24-2002, 06:00 AM
use the Pinnacle QD after every wash. Can I get by a month without rewaxing or should I increase the frequency of the wax? Just curious as sometimes I just don`t have the time to do a full wax.

Thanks,

Joe

Jngrbrdman
05-24-2002, 08:52 AM
The QD isn`t going to keep the wax from burning off in the sun. It won`t keep it from washing off when you wash your car either. There really isn`t anything that can keep the Souveran on your car for longer than a month or so. Unless the car isn`t a daily driver then that wax is just born to dissapear after awhile. Fortunatly it isn`t hard to apply and really only adds about another 45 minutes to your wash job.

vettefan67
05-24-2002, 10:49 AM
I think the larger concern would be the wash you plan to use. That`ll determine longetivity more than QD will IMO.

Brad B
05-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Both answers are right. Using a shampoo will cut the Souveran right off. Use water only. Pinnacle or Einmann Fabrik QD with carnuba will help but it will start to deteriorate after a few weeks. Hit the horizontal surfaces again after 3 weeks or so.

Scottwax
05-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I use car wash soap and water on cars I have put Souveran on, and even after a month on some of them, they are still beading like crazy and feel slick after I dry them. I get an easy 2-3 months of beading with Paste Glaz and Meguiars #26 also in the Dallas area, but we also have no heavy industry either.

tom p.
05-25-2002, 06:21 AM
...if the car is driven daily and sits outside for extended periods, I personally would consider something other than the Pinnacle wax. Perhpas you should consider Blitz or one of the non-carnauba products such as Klasse. Durability is likely to be much better and you won`t find yourself needing to wax so frequently...unless you have the time.

RCK
05-25-2002, 07:12 AM
Well, that car is kept in a agarage and driven about 3 times a week. Any thoughts?

Joe

imported_Intermezzo
05-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I use car wash soap and water on cars I have put Souveran on, and even after a month on some of them, they are still beading like crazy and feel slick after I dry them. I get an easy 2-3 months of beading with Paste Glaz and Meguiars #26 also in the Dallas area, but we also have no heavy industry either.

Scott, you aren`t using Protect-All Quick and Easy anymore? You are getting some amazing durability out of these waxes!

imported_RIC
05-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Protectall Quick and Easy wash does leave behind some kind of wax coating according to the emailed response I got from them.

Hi, Ric!

Quick & Easy Wash does not contain any silicone.

Q & E Wash leaves a light wax coating on the surface.

Best Regards,

Patrick Huber

VP, Ops & IS

Scottwax
05-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Scott, you aren`t using Protect-All Quick and Easy anymore? You are getting some amazing durability out of these waxes!

Yeah, I use it on most cars that I detail. I have one customer who wants me to use soapy water and a hose and since he has a water de-ionizer at his warehouse and pays me $30 for a wash instead of $25, no problem. He just likes to see lots of suds.

I have noticed my own car beads much better when washing with Q & E than with regular car wash soaps, but I have also noticed that even 6 weeks out from waxing with Souveran, that one customer`s cars are still beading really nicely.