PDA

View Full Version : Where to Clay Bar first?

BOBBYBOB
05-24-2002, 12:19 AM
Should I do a particular part of

the car first? Thank you

Redcar GUY
05-24-2002, 12:23 AM
I like to work from the top down...

ultrajim49
05-24-2002, 01:10 AM
I would say : start with the cleanest part , this will probably be the top and end with the dirtyest parts :the rocker panels.

At last before you throw the bar away , clay your windows.

that`s how I work

:wavey

chevyguy28
05-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by cvcaelen

I would say : start with the cleanest part , this will probably be the top and end with the dirtyest parts :the rocker panels.

At last before you throw the bar away , clay your windows.

that`s how I work

Depends if you are talking contaminants or loose dirt (there shouldn`t be any dirt if you washed properly beforehand). I recently clayed my friend`s XJR that is parked outside 80% of the time. The dirtiest parts were the horizontal surfaces such as the top of the car, trunk lid, and hood. The sides had the least tree sap, etc. The same thing happened when I clayed my car. You need not do any part in particular first, but I would recommend going in the same order you wash your car, hopefully top to bottom.

I do agree to clay the windows last. The windshield will show the greatest improvement.

Taxlady
05-27-2002, 12:35 AM
:o I know this sounds dumb, but what are rocker panels?

2k2blackWRX
05-27-2002, 12:58 AM
I personally Just start at the hood and go clockwise around the car.

If you use the claybar like you are supposed to then you shouldnt have to worry about grit scratching because of worse parts.

Thats jsut me.

Bryan

ultrajim49
05-27-2002, 01:20 AM
rocker panels : the lower part of the car , on my car tripple painted(I guess) to avoid paint chips from little stones or other debris.

http://www.viper-lifestyle.de/Pics/Photos/Vancv.jpg

in this picture : where you see a reflection of the pavement.