PDA

View Full Version : swirls and small scratch removing

devilsown
05-23-2002, 08:50 PM
what product(s) should i use on my car to get rid of swirls and small scratches before i do a full zaino treatment and stick to it? i`m about ready to break down and get a pc to do this. plus what pads do i wanna go with the pc that i could source locally? evidently i think i want something with a mild abrasive plus something that won`t leave anything or do i just dawn wash afterwards?

any help would be great.

oorc51
05-23-2002, 09:02 PM
3M Swirl Mark Remover seems to be quite popular here. I`ve used it myself (applied by hand) and it works rather well for LIGHT swirls. I doesnt get rid of actual many scratches though. Try Meguair`s Scratch X for light scratch removal.

I have a buffer/polisher (orbital) and I don`t like using it very much anymore. I like applying by hand much better as u can cover the smaller areas that are hard to get to using a large buffer.

devilsown
05-23-2002, 09:06 PM
where` s the best place to get smr? can u get it at a chain?

devilsown
05-23-2002, 09:09 PM
i forgot, is smr something you are going to want to dawn wash off before you apply zaino?

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 09:40 PM
SMR can be found at pep boyos, wal mart, local auto paint supply stores.

After you have prepped the car you will want to remove the oils and waxes from the prep products you have used.