PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dust Question?

lpandroc
05-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone...A few weeks ago I posted a question on how to keep down the dust in my interior, which is all black. I was driving to day and was wondering about the A/C setting. If I use the re-circulation setting on my A/C, do you all think that would cut down on the dust in the cabin, as opposed to open ventilation setting from the outside?...Just a thought...I HATE DUST!!!...Thanks

Lance

2000 Volvo S70

Mystic Silver/Black Leather

PS: Klasse is the BEST on Silver Volvo`s..Looks and feels awesome.!!!.Nuff said

oorc51
05-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Yeah I have the same color exterior/interior as u cept I have an integra...

Using the recirculation button too much is bad since it does not let fresh air in. With the recirculation on too long there wont be much new oxygen in the car which could pose a problem. Just turn your A/C down (don`t use it on full fan power unless you really have to) and there wont be as much dust coming in.

Also, VACUMN YOUR CARPETS!!!! I`ve found that if I keep the floors clean of dirt and dust then there`s less dust setting on the dashboard, etc...

lpandroc
05-23-2002, 08:59 PM
the carpets/ interior is so clean.......I cringe when other people even step in my car.........2 years old ...17k miles on it...I am way anal...thanks .......screw the oxygen in the cabin........I still hate dust...ill use scuba gear...hehehehehe

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 09:32 PM
I think all cars even when they have recirculate on have some fresh air coming in to keep you fro getting Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

vettefan67
05-24-2002, 12:04 AM
Try getting a new . . . *brain fart* . . . dust filter thingy. :rolleyes:

medic
05-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by puterbum

Try getting a new . . . *brain fart* . . . dust filter thingy. :rolleyes:

not sure if hepa filters are availble for cars, but they`re the best