PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Show Car Glaze and Polymer Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

2002camry
05-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I was planning on using the show car glaze or the polymer sealant after I can and prep the car.

Has anyone used these products and can tell me how the shine and durability is?

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 08:10 PM
I like the glaze alot, just don`t expect it to last more than 1.5 weeks. Pretty bad life span. The shine is something else though, hard to beat it. It will hide alot of swirls and defects due to the oils and fillers.

The Polymer sealent from what I have heard will last 3-4 months.

imported_JeffBruce
05-23-2002, 08:12 PM
I have used show car glaze...and Meguiars Machine glaze (with PC) , Machine Glaze is better, and topped it with Souvran..Looked great..but car needs to be cleaned..Swirl free and no to little oxidation/acid rain drops to get best result

2002camry
05-23-2002, 08:14 PM
I was going to use the 3M Cleaner wax and then the Meguiars products. Is there any harm with that?

Also, what meguars products would giv eme the best shine and protection and durability?

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Ok, if you want to stick with Meguiars and if you have light swirls this is what I would suggest.

Meguiars clay (not as bad as people say, they may have a new formula I dont know)

Meguiars Swirl Mark Remover 2.0

Meguiars polymer sealent

Meguiars Wax or Glaze (the wax will last longer but the glaze will shine just a little bit more, you would probaly want the wax)

imported_JeffBruce
05-23-2002, 08:20 PM
The car you see under my name has Machine Glaze and Pinnacle souvran on it...what color car do you have??

jeff

2002camry
05-23-2002, 08:23 PM
I don`t have any swirl marks on the cars. Just want to clean up the paint (its smooth but it can always be smoother :D ).

The show car glaze and the Polymer sealant combo sounds good. Any thoughts?

2002camry
05-23-2002, 08:28 PM
JeffBruce,

My Buick is Beige and my Camry is Silver

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Sure, just layer on the polymer sealent. I would suggest at least three layers then layer on the Glaze, you`ll like the look.

2002camry
05-23-2002, 08:31 PM
joed1228,

So the glaze goes on top of the sealant?:confused:

I figured the sealant would be the last thing I put on.

:confused:

what would I use to clean the surface so the sealants and glaze stick to it good?

imported_JeffBruce
05-23-2002, 08:48 PM
On Silver or light olor cars I use Klasse or a Polymer type product.....save my Souvran for the dark ones..

my 2c

jeff

shaf
05-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 2002camry

joed1228,

So the glaze goes on top of the sealant?:confused:

I figured the sealant would be the last thing I put on.

:confused:

what would I use to clean the surface so the sealants and glaze stick to it good? Yeah, this one is news to me too. I thought that glazes generally went under a pure wax because they had very mild cleaners (and weren`t durable too).

joed1228, are you saying you can apply a glaze over a polymer sealant??? (that would be cool)

Also, my understanding is that you can`t put anything under #20 because it will clean it off. Apparently it has cleaners in it. I asked Meguiars about this and that`s what they told me.

I plan on using a pre-cleaner before putting on polymer, and Dawn washing it just for good measure incase there`s any cleaner residue left over.

Lenny
05-24-2002, 06:08 AM
You would use the No. 7 Showcar Glaz first, followed by the No. 20 Polymer Sealant. The results are pretty cool - No. 7 shines up the paint extremely well, and the No. 20 lasts four to six months. I`ve used this combination on new cars for years.

If the paint has some swirls, then I use the No. 9 Swirl Removers, followed by the No. 20.

2002camry
05-24-2002, 06:25 AM
My idea of the car prep was more like:

1) Wash the car to remove any dirt

2) Apply 3Mâ„¢ One Step Cleaner Wax Light Oxidation Remover 39006 to clean the paint up

3) Apply Meguiars Showcare Glaze #7

4) Apply Meguiars Polymer Sealant #20

Is there any problems with this combo? Anyone have nay suggestions?

BradE
05-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Applying anything before the #20 is usless, the #20 contains cleaners that will remove anything you put on it before.

This is real simple, if you are using a polymer product you CAN`T have anything on the surface before it that will interfere with bonding.

If you are using that combo you should do the #20 first.