PDA

View Full Version : Dog hair?

Ken B
05-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Any suggestions on how to get DOG hair completely eliminated from the car...

I have vacumed, then brushed with carpet cleaner and vacumed again.

I have used one of those "lint rollers" but still have some left that I cannot see (I am alergic and my watery eyes let me know it is there)

suggestions are welcomed...

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 01:07 PM
It is time consuming but did you ever try rolling your hand in tape? You can get masking tape pretty cheap and it won`t leave a residue on your carpets...

Redcar GUY
05-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by joed1228

It is time consuming but did you ever try rolling your hand in tape? You can get masking tape pretty cheap and it won`t leave a residue on your carpets...

What he said:)

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 01:15 PM
Yo Bill, wern`t you going to take some more pics of your car and post them? I keep looking for em but I can`t find em.

MidLife Cruiser
05-23-2002, 01:37 PM
try some swiffers and perhaps duct tape wrapped around your hand sticky side out. The allergic reaction may be to the pet dander. If so, it could be places where you see no hair that are causing the problem. Try your upholstry brush on the vacuum cleaner. Don`t forget the headliner and the hard to reach places. Do the best you can to rid the vents of possible contaminents too. Run the cars fan blower full blast with the vacuum hose covering one open vent at a time. A pet`s presence remains in your car long after it leaves it. I had similar problems several years ago with two kids with allergies and a brother-in-law with a seeing eye dog. I did a lot of vacuuming. Good luck.

HouseOfShine
05-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Mid-Life is correct. The allergic reaction is to the dander, or little flakes of skin that get down into the fibers of the carpet etc.

Try having the carpet steam cleaned, or renting a good machine and doing it yourself. That should help. In time it will get better.

Redcar GUY
05-23-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by joed1228

Yo Bill, wern`t you going to take some more pics of your car and post them? I keep looking for em but I can`t find em.

FastHappy
05-23-2002, 03:28 PM
hey belicoso, the reason dog hairs are so hard to remove is due to the static charge making them literally cling to the fabrick. this makes removing them nearly impossible, even with the rollers. what you need to do is get a liquid fabrick softner and dilute it with water. Spray a light mist onto the seats and then vacuum. if this doesn`t completely remove it try again and use a brush and then vacuum.

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Snake - Nice idea, the only issue with hair I have is when my Italian uncle gets in my car with shorts on.

FastHappy
05-23-2002, 08:16 PM
joed, lol. thats an image i`d rather not think about:D

DaGonz
05-23-2002, 10:12 PM
I take a damp piece of terry cloth and wipe down the fabric surface in swipes. I then vacuum up the accumulated dog hair.

I have two dogs (Bernie and Murphdog) and I will do this after I take them for a ride.

The dog hair in the pasenger area is not the problem..it`s the "noseprints" they leave on the windows!

:nono Bernie!

:nono Murphdog!

Ken B
05-24-2002, 11:10 AM
:bow

Thank you all... I`ll let you know how it goes ovet the weekend.