PDA

View Full Version : MF differences

imported_Indy YZF
05-23-2002, 09:23 AM
AT Neatitems, the outlet for Microfiber cloths, they make a point of saying that the `good stuff` has a 70%/30% content.

At CMA, I note the content of their MF is 80/20.....Does this mean that the neatitems.com mf is better than the cma stuff?

Sirslap2
05-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Check out this thread:

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8360&highlight=80%2F20+70%2F30

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 10:45 AM
My feelings:

70/30 are better at water absorbtion than 80/20.

I feel softness is not an issue with the blend % but a manufacturer thingy. Otherwise why are their not 50/50 or 0/100 or etc etc?

bobdec
05-23-2002, 10:58 AM
I`ve been using mf towels for quite a few years now and early on collected many different brands with different blends. Some of the towels blends that I have tried are 70/30, 80/20, 85/15, 90/10 and some that simply say 100% microfiber. These towels have been made in Italy, Sweden, Spain, Korea and China. Prices have ranged from $1 - $20 for a small towel and more for the large size towels. It`s amazing how different thay can be. Some have that real `clingy` feel to them while others feel like a regular towel. Many leave lint. Some went immediately into the rag bucket.

It has been my experience that my favorite towels are the 70/30 from Korea, although I still don`t really understand the what the various blends have to do with it. And I do have some 70/30 towels that are terrible. The 85/15 blend from Spain is a very good towel, but I haven`t been able to find them in the U.S. I think the biggest difference is how the material is manufactured. The poorest quality towels invariably have been made in China.

Recently I`ve stopped buying different towels to compare them and stick with just one brand. I can get them at a very good price when I buy them in bulk along with a couple of friends and I know I`m getting good towels in various sizes and in the colors I want.

imported_Indy YZF
05-23-2002, 02:42 PM
when I buy them in bulk along with a couple of friends and I know I`m getting good towels in various sizes and in the colors I want.

Have you tried the neatitems.com MF towels yet?

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Prinz

Recently I`ve stopped buying different towels to compare them and stick with just one brand. I can get them at a very good price when I buy them in bulk along with a couple of friends and I know I`m getting good towels in various sizes and in the colors I want.

I just read the whole post to understand why you bought a specific brand and you stopped before you told me which brand you like and buy all the time.

Spill the beans!!!!!

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 02:57 PM
I bet if you search for prinz posts you will find he states neatitems for himself and local friends.....

JonB
05-23-2002, 04:33 PM
I find the the 70/30 towels are definitely better at absorbing water. They have a slightly "sticky" feeling vs the 80/20 towels. I have YoSteve`s light blue towels that are 70/30 and his dark green towels that are 80/20. The 80/20`s are plusher but I have relegated them for working with wax/sealants and QD vs the less plush 70/30`s which I use for glass cleaning and drying. So the fiber content seems to be a greater factor with water absorption than plushness...

I also have a set of mint green NeatItems which are 70//30 and very plush (same as YoSteve`s 80/20). These are also excellent for glass and drying, but sometimes the extra plushness seems to actually be slightly less desireable, especially when cleaning glass. The high nap makes it drag differently and not as easily to polish.

H

bobdec
05-23-2002, 10:59 PM
I buy the neatitems towels. If you go together with a a few friends and buy in bulk, they are pretty inexpensive. They will also let you mix in some of the giant size towels for the bulk price when you order.